Dangers of the in and out

Some simple measures we can all take.
Setup your vehicle doors to stay locked except the driver door. Key in your pocket at all times.

In traffic, every time you stop, know where your out is. And leave yourself room. You should be able to see the bottom of the tires of the vehicle stopped in front of you.

And maybe the most important thing we’ve learned today is that we need to get hoodies off the street. We need more stringent hoodie control. The average citizen doesn’t need an automatic hood, a single hat or ear muffs will do the job.
You shouldn’t be allowed to buy a hoodie without a background check.
You certainly shouldn’t be allowed to have a hoodie in a bank, in a government building, a school or on public transportation. There should be signs up making hoodie free zones.

Then we can all be safe again.

4 Likes

I mostly agree, but if you’re one of those people who leaves an entire car length between you and the car in front of you, and causes the people behind you to wait when they’re just trying to get to the turn lane, then that might cause a different kind of issue. (Not that I’m prone to road rage, but WHY WON’T THIS GUY PULL UP AND LET ME MERGE???) :smile:

Oh, we’re going to have a throwdown if you try to take my favorite sweatshirt.

2 Likes

It is well past time for some common sense hoodie laws!:wink: We can’t let them keep falling into the hands of perpetrators like Bill Belichick who never should have been allowed to buy one without a background check and proper wardrobe training;) Maybe we can get Biden to pass some executive orders since Congress is refusing to act;)

5 Likes

See, that’s just un-Patriot-ic.

1 Like

I know. But I also wait until I get to the turn lane to pull into it, rather than driving over the median.

Kinda falls under the heading of , you should have got up earlier, you’d be ahead of me.

2 Likes

I, unfortunately, am someone who leaves space between myself and the next car. As I always want space so I can drive myself out of a confrontation, if at all possible.

4 Likes

Yeah, that makes total sense. I’m not talking about that. My issue is with people who leave SO … MUCH … SPACE between them and the next car that it interferes with everyone else. They don’t need a bus worth of space to maneuver out of their lane. Meanwhile, all that extra space they’ve taken is keeping other drivers from getting to the turn lane they need to be in, so the queue is stuck because someone is using an unreasonable amount of buffer.

It’s a simple thing, to me. When we drive, we share the road, and have to be aware of the other cars around us. People who unnecessarily block other cars act as though either they’re unaware of other cars on the road, or simply don’t care. It’s a dangerous indicator, I want to avoid those people.

3 Likes