Cyber Terrorism: The enemy you can't see

I work in the field of cybersecurity. Your experience is rare but not unheard-of. Sounds like you are the victim of identity theft and password compromise. Getting that new phone and new phone number (i assume) is a great first step. Next I would scan your primary computer (I’m assuming you have a PC) with Malwarebytes (free online). After the scan I would do a clean install of Windows. From there you have a clean base to fix the rest of your equipment. I would:
Update the firmware on your internet router, smart TV, and any other internet connected devices
Change the password to your primary Email account, or better yet create a new email account with GMail.
Change the password to your other accounts, making a unique password for each using a free password locker service like Lastpass.
Sign up for free credit monitoring with a service like Credit Karma. Look for any bank accounts and credit cards open that you didn’t’ authorize. Call the appropriate banks/credit issuers to close these fraudulent accounts (this is probably the most time consuming step).

3 Likes

Here is my current problem.

I’ve done all the things you’ve said even the virus protector brand.

But now, Im dealing with even getting ahold of people. My phone has been blocked and can’t get a hold of my school or at least the real people.

I seen under my mobile home there is some sort of box that is not supposed to be there. Well, when I looked today it was gone BECAUSE the fu*** detectives can’t do their dang job. I’ve had it with this crap.

1 Like

Also make sure you enable two factor authentication on as many of your accounts as possible. And since your phone seems to have been compromised obviously don’t use the sms version. I’d recommend a physical security key (I use yubikey) they have several options with usb-a , usb-c, and lighting connectors. Also I’d recommend using a totally different email like ProtonMail with two factor authentication. Create your account on a friends phone or computer on a totally different network.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family and god bless you.

1 Like

:pray:t2: Thank you god bless.

2 Likes