Curious about an issue

If it’s an actual attorney I wouldn’t discredit it because it’s from tik tok.

6 Likes

Hear you. Weighing it, for me too, being insured wins over my decision, as opposed to uninsured. Someone already mentioned the"condom rule", LOL, of which I agree. At risk, thousands of dollars and/or imprisonment, for me, a “no brainer”.

I heard some professionals choose not to purchase malpractice insurance thinking purchasing causes more chance of being sued. To me, another no brainer, and I try to stay as far away from them as possible, in fear of that thinking.

I try not to conduct malfeasance in my work, but follow best practice and ethics. Insurance, it’s worth it. Peace of mind. But, JIMHO.

5 Likes

Oh, I believe it shows you are an evil, reprobate that has no redeeming qualities and that a death penalty is too good for you, even if you have not murdered anyone. Sorry, that was my Leftist DA (dumb *ss/prosecutor) commentary. No, in the real world - you are good. I do not know if the state you reside in is within the boundaries of the real world, so I can only wish you good luck on your journey. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

But it could be a very long time for that truth to surface in some cases while waiting in a jail. The extreme hope is that none of us ever have to find out how ugly it can really get defending the right actions taken in a self-defense or critical incident.

7 Likes

That’s something we should be prepared for. Any act of taking life or using deadly force brings questions, doubts and mistrust. Sometimes it takes few days, sometimes few months or years to find the truth. It most cases it’s not an easy task, but I strongly believe that the truth will be found if we are confident about the actions and consistent with describing that truth.

6 Likes

I both hear (read) you and agree; but I am speaking of the process. Life will change. In the process your world will change. Your family(s) will change. If one has never been in jail, it will be a drastic and new reality. And if it is prolonged your life will change. Constitutionally, you may have to become what you’ve attempted to avoid, only to stay alive or better…sane. Have you ever visited anyone in jail or prison and actually asked them what it was like? While each of us will cling to the truth, in the interim life will still have to be dealt with. That’s worth ensuring that the shot we take, God forbid, is the right, legitimate one. Hence, we practice what we train in perpetually. I agree we should be prepared for it, and do all that we can to prevent it, if possible. It definitely requires a sober mind, especially given the times in which we now are living.

8 Likes

I can tell you what it’s like being locked up. You’re in a cage that you can not get out of and in that cage with you are all of “those” guys that you read about in the papers. You are afraid but you can’t show it. You are alone in a room full of people. Time stands still. You use the bathroom in the open for all to see and experience. Your health and your life is at risk 24 hours a day. Your intellect is challenged everyday by brilliant idiots. The sad thing is, you are in there and you’ve never been convicted of a crime. That’s how I remember it.

10 Likes

:v: wise words.
We always hope the firearm will never be drawn against any human. But if it will… you have just described what can happened. Or maybe not… hopefully all will be justified… but never forgotten.
Yes jail can change everything. Sometimes the fact of being in jail, sometimes the other circumstances. Life is cruel. Your neighbors, your friends, your Family… these can change as well.

The process of finding the truth may be painful. But if we believe in that truth… and we certainly do, because we did everything right; that pain eventually goes away. Nothing is easy anymore, once we become responsible for something. The day we decided to carry the firearm we decided to be a survivor.
We should be prepared to survive in any conditions, even the jail. We decided to be strong, be smart, be prepared. Fighter always fights to win. There is no place for failure, especially the mental failure.

So… “be well, be smart, be strong… Don’t be a dickhead.” [not mine words, learned it from one of Instructors]

7 Likes

6 days was long enough for me!

4 Likes

A few 30 days, a couple of 60 day stays and a 90 day stay and I’d had enough of that. Funny thing is, I stopped drinking and drugging and the cops lost interest in me. Who would have thunk it?

7 Likes

No rioting? Didn’t join Antifa?
No one likes a quitter. :rofl:

7 Likes

Whether you or me; I’m glad we made different decisions.

7 Likes

I never intended on rear ending someone at a busy intersection. So will the argument stand that due to the fact that I have collision insurance I had always intended on having a collision? Any attorney worth his title will blow that argument out of the courtroom so fast it will whistle

10 Likes

That is as excellent a response as I have ever heard. Nicely stated, short and to the point. Bravo!

3 Likes

What makes you think a judge or jury will get that reasoning?

3 Likes

You ever been on a jury and listened to what the Prosecution puts out there?

4 Likes

Not to mention, “better safe than sorry”; like the carrying a condom rule. What makes one sleep a little more peacefully. Peace of mind.

3 Likes

If I carried a condom with me my wife wouldn’t sleep…

3 Likes

“But honey, you know, I have to be prepared for the unexpected…”

2 Likes

I’ll stick with the arguments made above: we have safety tools in place for all areas of life, and insurance to back us up if, against all our intentions, those safety tools are forced to come into play. Airbags / seatbelts, fire extinguishers / smoke detectors, etc, all serve the same purpose as a defensive gun: to keep us safe. Any sane person takes active steps to never let the house catch fire, or drives to never crash, but we have insurance in the event our steps arent good enough. I also take very active steps to never put myself or family in a dangerous place, but sometimes bad things come to people, even still.

6 Likes