Crime Is Actually Dropping

Most people think the U.S. crime rate is rising. They’re wrong.

Highlights:
"The FBI data, which compares crime rates in the third quarter of 2023 to the same period last year, found that violent crime dropped 8%, while property crime fell 6.3% to what would be its lowest level since 1961, according to criminologist Jeff Asher, who analyzed the FBI numbers.

"Murder plummeted in the United States in 2023 at one of the fastest rates of decline ever recorded, Asher found, and every category of major crime except auto theft declined.

"Detroit is on pace to have the fewest murders since 1966

5 Likes

God Knows FBI data is accurate. The FBI wouldn’t lie to us, not going into an election cycle. Would They?

11 Likes

It’s hard to lie about the murder rate, I think

More states than ever are permit less carry. More Americans than ever are carrying concealed. Why would violent crime not be dropping ?

5 Likes

I think we may be seeing a drop from the peak of the last couple years. But I also think the numbers of many crimes are likely being under counted as well. There are many stories of police in some cities not responding to minor crimes in progress and sometimes not even responding to calls about serious crimes that have already ended. In these cases they are often telling people to come to the station and fill out a report. But how many people bother waisting time doing that when they know LEOs aren’t going to do anything about the crime?

So I strongly suspect crime numbers are being under reported in areas where LEOs are understaffed and overwhelmed.

10 Likes

I don’t trust anything NBC reports.

12 Likes

A story by the main stream media reporting findings from arguably the least trusted “law” enforcement agency currently operating today.

8 Likes

Crime is actually dropping. Cute.

In my neck of the woods, there’s a homicide almost every other day.

8 Likes

If crime is actually dropping, that’s GOOD, then the anti-gun groups can let off the gun control :poop: :smirk: :laughing:

8 Likes

“Crime is actually dropping?”
How exactly?

11 Likes

A recent example of objective NBC reporting. “ALLEGED” they report. The dude POSTED his own actions online, but it’s the conservatives fault he lost his job.

4 Likes

Yes, that is true, as intercourse invloves vaginal sex that homosexuals cannot perform in their illicit activities. Remember Clinton, “I did not have sexual relattions with that woman”?

4 Likes

I think that if you look at crime rates per state, it may be lower. However, if you drill down to cities, the issues likely persist at the same or higher rate. For example, crime rates in Vinton, LA. and other cities may have dropped, but likely the crime rates in Shreveport, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans probably stayed constant or increased. Same in California, Michigan, NY, and most other states.

5 Likes

Rationally speaking, one would have to wonder what has improved in our Country so much that it has caused a drop in crime.

6 Likes

Well, they are not getting all the stats from the local PDs, so that does improve their stats. They even acknowledge that - just don’t dig too deep, just like the CDC data - the charts lied, but the underlying data told the truth.

5 Likes

OR, is crime now so ubiquitous, Soros DAs so well ensconced, and actual law enforcement SO stretched, that accurate stats can no longer be tracked?

6 Likes

The Border Patrol is SO stretched THEY can’t even carry out law enforcement let alone keep accurate stats.

6 Likes

I guess it depends on “What the definition of Crime is.”.

7 Likes

Well, I do not know who is saying it has gone down because where I am at it is at an all-time high!

7 Likes

It’s because of all the illegal Grizzlies they bused there. :grinning:

7 Likes

We are supposed to get along with them, all the cows, sheep, and livestock all hand in hand with Grizzly Bears! :plate_with_cutlery:

4 Likes