Couple attacked in park with pepper spray

so not to long ago a couple in the park having a picnic eating while their puppy was playing… a lady started screaming about them not wearing masks (they were eating) and pepper sprayed them… what can you legally do to defend yourself when something like this happens.

3 Likes

If you are being attacked, you should be able to use like force (not lethal force) to defend yourself. She’s using pepper spray, pepper spray or an equal level of force may be acceptable.

HOWEVER, you might just want to call the police and press charges instead of using any sort of force. If she continues the attack, then equal force may be necessary.

Now if this was two women eating lunch and a BIG man attacking, there’s going to be disparity of force that plays into it.

Video on your phone, call the police, be a good witness would probably be the least amount of risk on your part if something like this were to happen to you.

4 Likes

I would agree with Dawn; overall not much you can do beyond that.

However, I was thinking what if you happen to have a respiratory condition? Does that up the ante to potential lethal force? I do realize that would be a 1 off type of off the wall question.

4 Likes

To stop the threat of a noxious substance you need to run away from the source. Crazy lady is not likely to follow you.
I can envision a scenario when bad guys are trying to disable you with pepper spray with robbery or kidnapping in mind. This should look very differently though.

2 Likes

Gel Mace her back to return the favor except mine has an indelible dye in so she will have to explain for about 6 weeks why she looks like the “Grape ape” from cartoons of yore.

8 Likes

I have to ask how these people can exist with the rest of us. We’re creating/allowing a generation of people who are offended by everyone and everything and feel like they can do anything to make others go their way. Scary times.

4 Likes

At least Grape Ape had some sort of common sense…

3 Likes

Heh true. That’s why I love me some gel Mace keeps a coherent stream and can pick the color dye you want. I’m doing purple now. Maybe some neon when purple runs out.

4 Likes

What brand you recommend

1 Like

Using saber red bear spray in a ,13oz. Can.

1 Like

Call 911, tell dispatcher I’m carrying.

I would make sure my reaction will create good optics and keep the attacker in everyone’s eyes as the one on the offensive.

Then, when the cops show up, I’ll tell my wife to “getcha popcorn ready” and enjoy the sight of a liberal getting handcuffed.

3 Likes

Only if you must inform by law. Otherwise, don’t create an issue where one doesn’t exist. 911 calls are admissible in court, and you don’t want to create impression the attacker did have something to be afraid of when she deployed pepper spray.

2 Likes

Does everyone remember the shark tank analogy? Is this worth risking your life and/or lively hood over? Call the police, report it. If you have a respiratory issue or are otherwise immunocompromised definitely tell the officers that.

And remember…

Not all liberals are like this. The term I would suggest is radical in place of liberal here.

We know there are plenty of liberal/democrats who are pro-2A and are as frustrated with their fellow citizens’ behavior as we are. There are definitely times you won’t agree with other conservatives/republicans, so let’s do our best to be as specific as we can when we’re discussing people who are doing these acts.

4 Likes

Sabre is the best brand, and it doesn’t have to be bear spray. All of their products are thoroughly vetted. I always have mine with me.

1 Like

https://disrn.com/news/woman-maces-couple-having-picnic-in-san-diego-park-for-not-wearings-masks

So, I came across this story and started thinking, and I came to the conclusion that if someone maced me on the streets, my first reaction would probably be to draw my weapon. In today’s climate of riot, I would probably interpret it as the prelude to a deadly assault.

I also concluded that by the time my weapon was in my hand, I’d be in too much pain to use it.

I seriously doubt that drawing a firearm in response to a macing attack is legally defensible, so I bring the question to you, the USCCA community. What is a good and proper way to respond if someone employs a chemical weapon against you in the streets? I am assuming that we are not the aggressors, since I know that we strive to live peaceable lives.

2 Likes

start the phone cam, call 911, report the perpetrator and let law enforcement know I will be filing charges for assault, let the officer and the perp do what they do that day.

…after recovering from the agony of the attack, hopefully finding a Judge who is willing to make a little “eye for an eye” law as president and allow me or the one I love who was also hit with this attack to share the love. Send the polished document of what, where, when, why it happened out to go viral. (It might work the first time.)

of course, if I’m lucky I might have tasered the perp in response for good measure… help ensure they’re there to speak with the LEO on scene

2 Likes

@CHRIS4 HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :boom: :cocktail:

1 Like

@BRUCE26 Thanks Mate! It’s only 61 so I’ve already (gone over the hill: 60) and it’'s still too early to file for all those juicy benefits they say won’t be around by the time I’m 70… /whistles and rolls eyes
Cheers!

2 Likes

LOL. THANKS. We are the same age :+1: There might be some snow on the roof but plenty of fire in the furnace. :fire:

2 Likes

@CHRIS4 Happy Birthday brother

1 Like