Countering the assault rifle comment

Regardless of where the term “assault rifle” came from (and I have also seen information that it came from the Germans in WWII, but not going to get into it), the media have latched on to it and are running with it. It is a scary sounding term, and as we are seeing here, even within the gun community, there is debate as to its origin and true definition. So, they are exploiting it while we argue amongst ourselves. The liberal media controls the narrative and are intellectually dishonst. A journalist has the professional and moral obligation to research, fact check, and present a story in as truthful manner as possible. Yet, when you look at the term assault rifle, or how the media constantly purposely misleads the story to make it seem that full auto firearms are legal. They have even made up terms like “fully semi automatic.” We as knowledgeable gun owners laugh and cringe when we see the utter stupidity when politicians try to explain the dangers of firearms.

So, one can go back and read some of my posts on being kind to new shooters, especially people who have bought their first guns during the recent pandemic or civil unrest. Remember this is how many of those new shooters have received their firearms education and help them. What are you doing as a gun owner to help correct this misinformation? Perhaps re-education is an opportunity to introduce an anti-gun person to safe and responsible shooting.

Also, has not been mentioned in this thread, but since we are talking terminology, I am going to throw it out there. Please never refer to guns as weapons. I know its common usage, but it sends the wrong message. Firearms are tools, nothing more, nothing less. Sorry for the rant guys.

1 Like