Could the tide be turning?

California’s assault weapons ban has been overturned by a federal judge. The state will appeal but they aren’t doing well in that department lately. If push comes to shove the whole court may be forced to take up the issue. 41 states already reject California’s standards for assault weapons.

5 Likes

So they can have an ar with a bunch of 10 round magazines?

2 Likes

I think the magazine capacity is being decided on as well. Not sure. But at least they can have a ‘real’ AR even with 10 round mags. No more ‘bullet button’ mag releases and such.

7 Likes

The capacity issue was ruled against already. The State has it under appeal so there is a stay till a panel can review. May go to the whole Ninth. But if the ruling stays the ten round will fall as well and Californians will have access to the same magazines as other 2A states.

5 Likes

10 rounds of bonded soft point .223 with the ability for a fast mag change can solve a lot of problems!

Think the “high” capacity mag ban was already ruled against by the panel and will be heard by the full 9th Circuit Court shortly. Then almost certainly up to the Supreme Court after that.

6 Likes

Not a moment too soon. There is now a ballot drive to ban “assault weapons” and mags greter than 10 here in Oregon, and they apparently just turned in the necessary signatures. Would save a lot of trouble if this ruling is upheld.

5 Likes

I think the 10 round mag max will be declared unconstitutional. They might as well try to ban all automatic firearms and only allow single shot firearms. It’s simply unconstitutional. If it ever reaches to Supreme Court and is held up that my friends is a serious call to arms. But I doubt Americans have the stomach for mass self defense from a tyrannical government. People are scared and comfortable in their Cush lives. Me too.

1 Like

Always had a hard time understanding mag capacity limitations. If I remember my grammar school arithmetic (that’s what it was called before it was called “math” because politicians couldn’t pronounce it- but that’s a different subject) 10-20 round magazines= 200 rounds. 20-10 round magazines= 200 rounds. Mag changes don’t take too long, especially if you don’t mind leaving the empty mag behind. I’ll have to try it sometime to see if there’s a great amount of time difference- when the ammo situation loosens up.

4 Likes

Have seen a couple videos in the past showing that 10 round mags don’t slow a shooter down much.

With an active shooter shooting at a bunch of defenseless folks I don’t think it would make much difference. If an innocent person is being attacked by multiple assailants I think the extra capacity would be helpful with slowing or stopping the momentum of the attack.

4 Likes

Careful, you’re going to give those politicians ideas, e.g. you may only own X magazines.

4 Likes

Given the politician who just freaked out when he saw a BB gun package in the trash, I don’t think there are any more ideas we could give them. If they have their way every one will be using plastic spoons in rubber walled rooms to ensure our safety.

3 Likes

Not worried. they’ll only get the idea if they read my post. To date, I don’t believe any of them have completely read any of the bills they have passed into law.

3 Likes

Making sure those rooms are gender-neutral, and at least six feet apart.

2 Likes

I would love to see the courts ban the CA gun list mandate. This would open up newer and safer weapons for the CA market. Right now there has not been a new gun added to the list for many years. Some representative thought that microprinting on the trigger was such a great idea that only guns with this feature could be added. Clearly that is not practical, economical, or permanent (people can shave off the microprinting). But this is CA - land of knee-jerk actions without thought of practicality or common sense.

2 Likes

It just occurred to me that this will never happen… No plastic allowed – they’ll have to be biodegradable soy-based spoons. :wink:

4 Likes

Organically grown soy of course;)

3 Likes