Congratulations! Why do you...?

More than 250 people have logged in to check out what you’re talking about in the USCCA Community in just two and a half months! And that doesn’t include those who have “lurked” without logging in!

You guys are a great example of how responsibly armed Americans discuss some hard-hitting issues (and some really light and fun things, too)!

For those of you who comment in the Community, what would be your biggest reason for participating in the Community instead of just watching?

What advice would you give someone new the Community who is on the fence about publicly commenting?

1 Like

I was invited to the community at its inception. I comment because I live the “firearm lifestyle” and like to share what I know, and learn what others know about that life. I also am a little bit of s kidder, so I enjoy the favorite meme, movie quote trhreads as well.

3 Likes

We can’t be serious all the time, can we @45IPAC?

2 Likes

We have rules against it at my house.

1 Like

I enjoy great conversations, learning from others, having discussions with like minded people in an open friendly environment.

3 Likes

It’s a very welcoming community without all of the extreme negativity that I’ve seen in some forums in the past. As a newbie, I don’t always have things to contribute, but I’m learning a lot from the variety of topics that are being discussed. At the same time, I think it’s important to give my perspective as a newbie, when I can, to encourage others in my same position. By putting yourself out there at least a little, it gives others a chance to help you with something that really matters to you.

4 Likes

I really like that I can openly have a much different viewpoint and not be flamed with hate messages. Having different opinions or viewpoints is what gets us thinking about how others look at things. Sometimes after examining the comments I have even modified or changed the way I have looked at some things.

Thank you to everyone here for the words of wisdom, looking through your eyes helps me see clearer through my own.

6 Likes

I live and breathe hunting, firearms, marksmanship (sometimes marksmanship through volume), shooting, and carrying. I figured respectful conversations can be had, and there was something to learn. I will say since becoming a member my training has become more dynamic.

3 Likes

Like 45 IPAC. I too are often facetious with a slightly warped sense of humor.
I agree with everyone, about what we can learn from each other. Relevant stories are always interesting. The comaradery, and comfort of knowing that I may be corrected, but not trounced upon by those who may disagree.
I know a lot about firearms, but not near all of it. It is so refreshing to hear someone talk about them that gives me the A HA! Moment, I didn’t know that! As dick Martin would say on ‘LAUGH IN’, (sixties comedy show ).
With all of our combined knowledge only good can be the result.
BOATS.

4 Likes

I enjoy this for alot of same reasons previously posted and because it seems like most in not all the people here actually use their firearms not just a bunch of range ponies or keyboard operators for lack of better terms.

2 Likes

I’m a base-knowledge, carry often type. I know I have a lot to learn, but its nice to be in a group where all respectful opinions matter. We’re all on a similar journey, but at different places, and moving at different paces.

3 Likes

Well put A ALAN.
ALL OF US HERE STARTED AT THE BEGINNING, WHICH IS THE BEST PLACE, YA THINK?
WELCOME ABOARD BRO.
ISN’T THE USCCA GREAT?
EVEN TIM SCHMIDT IS HOUSE BROKEN.

3 Likes

Thank You Dawn for inviting me to the forum.

1 Like

I joined thanks for the invite @Dawn who sent me a email back a few weeks ago and it has been a really great family on here and have been learning a lot about something that I have been learning for years and that’s gun safety, carry, and just what I need to still learn. I was always told that if you think that you can’t learn something new on a daily basis then you aren’t doing something right and will probably get yourself or someone else hurt or even killed if you think you know everything.

2 Likes

Just jump in! The water is fine. And that’s coming from a non swimmer (and by that i mean i can’t swim not that i don’t or won’t participate).
No really, this is one of those rare judgement free zones where everyone is focused on learning and passing on knowledge. Ask your questions, comment on a post. You won’t regret it.

5 Likes

You’ve made my day! That is exactly what I’d hoped the Community would be when we started. Now to keep that vibe going! I’ll be counting on all of you amazing people to help me continue to cultivate the respectful, educational feel!

3 Likes

I had read several topics and member responses before i decided to become an active member of this community. Like many of the other responses… Its refreshing to have not read any disrespectful, narcissistic, thin skinned, rage responses. I enjoy learning and interacting with others viewpoints and hope this core respect continues as the community grows.

6 Likes

Glad you’re joining the active posting part of this. Civility and respect is a core tenant here… it’s pretty cool.

1 Like

Can’t get on too often during the week…i make up for it on weekends though.

2 Likes

I think 2A people are great people, and we stick together!!! So go ahead and comment and socialize, we are all here for the same cause.

4 Likes