Conceal Carry Study

No reason to flag any posts. Only people who want to hide something flag themselves or others.
I’m glad you finally decided to finish this conversation. It went nowhere. Did you get what were you looking for?
I don’t understand what you are trying to explain telling that smarter and wiser were kicked off… it only shows how not smart nor wise they were… :man_shrugging:

I’m glad you somehow admire my knowledge… and I’m not sure how come did you come to the conclusion I made this group worse. Which group? Yours? :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Anyway, that was good to have a little different, than usually, conversation.
Take care. Sleep well. Be safe ! :v:

You can use different email to register… of course you need to be smart to not using the same personal info.

1 Like

Hello my name is Benny Benson, I’m 139 years old, and I love romantic walks on the beach and Pokemon… seems easy

2 Likes

Hello Benny. Welcome to the Community. Let’s talk about Concealed Carry Permits holders across the United States.
BTW. Do you prefer East of West Coast beaches? I also hope, you don’t mind if I ask you what is your favourite Pokemon?
:person_in_tuxedo:

Sincerely yours,
Yurij

2 Likes

I prefer the gulf coast, actually. The states down there seem to be more 2A friendly. I’ve had a permit for several years and currently carry an XDM Elite or 1911 I hacked up, most of the time. My favorite Pokemon would have to be Charizard. Nice to meet you, yurij! What do you carry? :joy:

Gulf Coast you are saying, sir. Is this that place with beautiful white-sand beaches and exciting offshore fishing? Black coral with the oldest living things on Earth, variety of different species of sharks.
Such a lovely place. :heart:

It’s a shame we have to discuss guns instead of feeling the impression of World’s beauties…

Oops… :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_peeking_eye: :shushing_face: :zipper_mouth_face:
I almost forgot… this is “the Place for Self-Defense Education, Training and Discussions with Responsibly Armed Americans”.

So let’s go back to the business:
I usually carry my laptop. I live in very quite place and there is no reason to bring any guns into the neighborhood. :joy:
I like the tool you chose - XDM Elite sounds great. I have to try it one day. 1911 sounds more familiar - which model exactly? 45 or 9? That is something we can definitely discuss about… referring to the topic of course.
Oh, I almost forgot to ask about the Pokemon? What made you decide to choose Charizard as your favourite Pokemon, if you allow me to ask you?

1 Like

On a side note, there’s a 007 marathon on, if anyone’s interested :+1:

:smiling_imp:

Are you trying to steal the thread?

2 Likes

Not always white sand and clear water…some parts can get rather murky due to silt from the Mississippi, but it has it’s own beauty :heart_eyes: some sharks, but not many and always great fishing!! If you’re ever in south Louisiana, you’re more than welcome to give the XDM a shot or two. It’s pretty smooth, and eats everything so far. As far as the 1911, it’s a 70 series with a 5" barrel in the Lord’s caliber lol the way it was always intended :wink::joy: I tried to talk my wife into getting me a Staccato C for Christmas, but I built a few rifles the last couple months, so it was a no go… Charizard is my favorite because it’s the only card I never got as a kid. I yearned for the unobtained. I wanted one so bad I could taste it, but it never happened lol

1 Like

No, just a sidebar. Figured everyone enjoyed the realism 007 brings to the table, so to speak.

1 Like

I’ve been in south Louisiana… my wife made a nice picture of me…

A 2022-11-25 22-29-27

I loved the city of NO, I loved the food. Didn’t have a time to see all the beauty in 4 days, but I couldn’t refuse to follow James Bond’s steps and I visited all the places they made the movies. :muscle:

Hey, you must talk more with your wife and get Staccato ! :grin: Perhaps not this Christmas… but who knows? There are still few other occasions. :wink:
If you go with 2011, are you thinking more about single or double stack?

And I’m sorry, I skip the Pokemon discussion… I have zero knowledge about them… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Very nice!! I’m only about 45 minutes from NO. The food there can’t be beat… other than some cream cheese puffs from Hruska’s in Ellinger, Tx. I would like a double stack, but I’d be more than happy with either. I don’t even know if I’d shoot it if I had one, they’re too nice! I’d also like to get a couple really nice 1911’s for the collection. Maybe something like this, but not any time soon.

I don’t know much about Pokemon either… Just the one card lol

1 Like

Nighthawk 1911 and Atlas 2011 - these are out of the league. Staccato is just regular well made 2011 pistol. Great shooter and I’m not afraid to say, better than 1911 platform.

Some time ago I was thinking about Wilson Combat (one of these: eXperior, EDC9, SFX or SFT)… but after few months or carrying Staccato I realized I don’t need anything else anymore. It’s like a car… you can have few… but what’s the reason if you can enjoy driving the one you really like.

1 Like

That might be blasphemy :eyes:
Fair enough. I really have been eyeing the Staccato… Just a lot of money to drop at once. I will say those two don’t fit in with much of my collection. Most of them are old work guns.

That’s a good analogy… where were you several purchases ago :joy:

1 Like

I wonder if there is any way to find out how many CC permits have been issused per State.

2 Likes

The op article has some percentages. If you take the total population of those states and divide by the percentage, it is an approximation, I would think. I don’t know how or where they get their numbers from though

1 Like

Check these reports.
Page +/-15 shows “Number of Permit Holders by State”.
If you subtract 2021 numbers from 2022 you roughly get the answer.

Here is the report for 2021:
2021-SSRN-id3937627.pdf (3.1 MB)

Here is the report for 2022:
2022-SSRN-id4279137.pdf (2.8 MB)

This is why I have a problem with the Left. @Levi2 why should you have to defend your rights to anyone? They are a Constitutional right, and your choice to exercise that right should anyone to

3 Likes

Honestly, it’s not just a “left” problem. It’s an everyone problem. In general, the tactics of debate have moved from facts, from argument/rebuttal, to all out offensive. Where if you don’t agree with me, you’re wrong, regardless of how true or delusional my stance is. If I keep yelling, you can’t talk so I win and won’t be offended by anything you say. To have freedom of speech, you have to risk offending people, and risk being offended. It’s how people handle being offended that effects freedom of speech.

1 Like

I enjoy reading your posts. But on this we will just agree to disagree.

I don’t see, anyone but the very vocal progressive Left, practicing Cancel Culture.

2 Likes