Colorado just used its ‘red flag’ gun seizure law for the first time — one day after it took effect - The Washington Post

It is not a suicide issue… it is an anti-2A issue.

I’m very much in support of the 2A and I feel like the Red Flag rides a thin line between infringement and reasonable protection. In this case I think it’s good that this man doesn’t have access to his firearms, yet it doesn’t make sense to leave him at home. As others have pointed out, he can suicide himself with a variety of other items or go sit on a train track somewhere.

In cases where somebody isn’t a threat to their self and an assault is alleged and awaiting trial, then that is where I get concerned. It’s very easy for somebody to say that somebody threatened to shoot them and it’s all just hearsay. I really feel that since the MeToo movement ran through our country that we are no longer a country of “innocent until proven guilty” but rather “guilty until you prove yourself innocent” and that is very scary. The threat of imprisonment or losing 2A rights on the basis of hearsay is freakin’ scary to me and I don’t see that getting any better with #46 taking control in January with the potential of the Dem’s having 100% of the Legislative and Executive branches. The “Constitutionalists” on our SCOTUS are all we have left to protect us and they better hire bodyguards and food tasters.

1 Like