Collection of alternative weapons?

Weapons can be highly collectible. I can bet that a few of you have knife collections and some might have martial arts weapons collections.

What weapons would you like to collect?

Share a photo below of one you’d like

3 Likes

These small knives are called Eunjangdo - a silver knife that is a traditional Korean accessory that is hung from a woman’s coat strings skirt

They’re deadly works of art.

6 Likes

I have a small collection of exotic knives - but not a korean one @Dawn. I’m away from home so these are typical pictures, (not my knifes) but I have:
A sgian-dubh - it’s a Scottish sock-knife (say “ski-an-DOO”) similar to this one
Scotsmen wear them in their sock-top, the women usually carry them in a pocket or inside a bodice.

and a pair of bedouin (probably Moroccan) Jambiya similar to this (but no keyhole, and damascus blades):

This is a ceremonial knife given to boys when they reach manhood, and are generally not actually used for anything except show.

what I want now is one of these :smiley:

4 Likes

A couple of these…

7 Likes

Dude…

just sayin’ :laughing:

3 Likes

I personally believe in “collector value”. It’s an imaginary excuse one uses to convince themselves to over pay for what is typically old junk. I have a family member who loves old cars. I ask him why he would ever pay $50,000 for a car that doesn’t go nearlya s fast as a modern $15,000 car, doesn’t have air conditioning and isn’t anywhere near as smooth or fuel effecient.

Of course I already know the reason, it’s rare, it’s an investment, but when you think about it, it’s intangible worth. Sure, value is in the eye of the beholder, but ultimately I look at cars, and guns, like tools. I’m not going to pay $1,000 for a hammer just because it’s old. I am going to swing that hammer, drive that car and shoot that gun.

Guns are made to be shot, not sit in safes.

2 Likes

I’d like to collect the ones that got away. Except for the ones that got away to my boys.

1 Like
1 Like

I like sticks and swords… A few of these: HIMALAYAN IMPORTS - Khukuris, page 1 : khukuri, kukri, kukris, khukri, kukhri, gurkha, gorkha, gurka, Nepal would be nice to have.

Staff or bo are my favorite. Very effective, don’t scream “weapon”.

1 Like

I have something like those in my vehicles. They’d leave a mark for sure, but I dont know how they stand up after a fight, if the light will survive. I have used it as a tire thumper for the inside tires on my dually and it still works.