Cleaning your weapon

I know from previous post that it depends on one’s firearm and preference. I personally clean my guns after every trip to the range. It was the advice I received in my defensive and safety training.

5 Likes

I don’t know whether I’m just paranoid, but one of the reasons I clean my guns after every range trip is so that handling them will not transfer either elemental lead or lead styphnate (from primers) when I handle them between range sessions. Of course cleaning must be done carefully to avoid lead exposure from that activity.

1 Like

Haven’t been to the range for a while so haven’t cleaned my gun.

3 Likes

This is a good example of but one reason why I prefer to use more lube than less lube. In case a lot of time/carrying goes by.

Lint and dust and crap really builds over time! Won’t be a problem for that gun though I’m sure

2 Likes

:rofl:
Don’t even bother with cleaning, just shoot this dirt off.

7 Likes

That is the fun way. The first shot you get a big puff of dusty feathering looking lint, all around the gun, farther back than you would see smoke/‘GSW’ type stuff and you know immediately it’s lint lol

3 Likes

That’s a showy and super fast cleaning process… :joy:

Little lint:

A 2022-08-12 16-42-45

More lint:

A from 2022-08-12 16-42-32

Where the heck I kept this firearm?:

3 Likes

@Robert1246
It is going to take some heavy cleaning but you can do it.

Just trade it in for a new one, no cleaning necessary :+1:

2 Likes

I clean my edc primary and backup after every range trip. I practice at least twice a month, more if I have enough ammo. I fire 200 - 275 rounds each trip. I usually alternate my firearm practice between the two guns, so each gets run at least monthly. Cleaning, oil, and wipedown takes 20 minutes max, and I never worry about a failure to fire.

2 Likes