Cleaning your weapon

The thing to do is to follow the manufacturer’s directions.
That should keep you out of trouble.

4 Likes

Seems to be the first place to look for any answer. :+1:

I used to do shortcuts and followed YT cleaning advices… but after few months I became supporter of RTFM statement. :wink:
Even manuals are long and boring, these are for sure the source of proper information.

3 Likes

My favorite weapon is a rock because it never needs cleaning.

3 Likes

:wink:
I prefer this :point_down: kind of rock … even it requires cleaning :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A 2021-10-24 17-06-04

4 Likes

A stick is a weapon. An ICBM is a weapon. A Rock Island pistol is a firearm.

4 Likes

Yeap, the thread’s topic has been confusing from very beginning ! :wink:

2 Likes

Currently after every time I use a firearm and/or every six months. For carry pistols much more often, every month when carried. I have learned my lesson, a bad day at the range and inspection of stored firearms showed me the value of regular maintenance. Another observation, just because it’s brand new does not mean it will function properly. When you buy a firearm, go to the range and run a minimum of 200 rds (400 ideally) through it to assure it will work when you want it to. Clean it before you go to the range, I have seen too much oil, no oil, and thick grease on new firearms. As for used, do the same. Make sure you didn’t buy someone else’s junk. Been there, done that.

2 Likes

Maybe it is you.

1 Like

Maybe…
:roll_eyes:
Please forgive my incompetence then…

I’m gonna clean my weapon now :wink:
Stay safe.

A 2021-12-17 23-52-34

3 Likes

5 Likes

All good weapons of choice bro @Todd30 .

5 Likes

All good weapons of choice and less noise to draw attention @Todd30

4 Likes

I’m wondering why we are discussing cleaning the weapon and showing already cleaned one? :thinking:
Let’s clean the weapon then… :shushing_face:

A 2021-12-18 11-24-16

2 Likes

Jerzy, when I created this community comment, about the frequency of cleaning your weapon. I was a new gun owner. So I wanted to know from the other gun owners if there was a rule of thumb for cleaning your weapon. And I see there were a lot of opinions out there, even yours for cleaning a weapon. The bottom line is you should never have a dirty when you need to use it. Hope this answers your question.

DRob

3 Likes

The number of rounds fired from it, that is the key factor! When renting out guns at the range the number of rounds fired from the gun determined whether or not it gets cleaned. The magic number is,…200 rounds. But mind you, these are rental guns!

3 Likes

Hi @Dennis251 - This thread just went off the topic because of word “weapon” which a lot of us treat differently.
Of course we got the point and actually answered your question in first posts… but somehow we started messing around because of the wrong term used. :wink:

2 Likes

@Jerzy thanks for the insight, I have to say that I do not mess around with my weapons because they are not toys. Being a new gun owner, I take them very seriously. If I’m talking about a handgun, rifle, or knife. I also take the information from the USCCA Community and their training material very seriously. If people want to mess around, they should consider creating their own community blog site, and post them to people who like to mess around. That’s why I joined the USCCA. It’s all good, I have the information I need on keeping my weapons (aka guns) cleaned.

3 Likes

My weapon is in my pants.

1 Like

I open carry my weapon on the beach. :desert_island:

1 Like

Remember what she said, don’t get sand on your weapon.

4 Likes