Cheap body armor

Hmmm interesting video

12 Likes

I wish he would have hit it with a 223/5.56. Would have been interesting to see.

7 Likes

I haven’t watched, what did he hit it with?

I ask because you can get factory, NIJ compliant armor that will stop handguns and shotgun buckshot, for around $100 per plate.

I paid $99 for these, they are up to $109…stops all the way up to .44 mag and would certainly stop buckshot too

Weighs LESS THAN one pound and is quite thin too. Hard plate

3 Likes

That’s pretty cool! I’d be interested to see what double that would stop. I think it’s a pretty awesome concept, and I’ve definitely seen worse designs that were more expensive for homemade armor.

2 Likes

.22LR
9mm
40 (I think)
10mm
44 mag
Bird Shot
Buck Shot

3 Likes

This is just me but I’d absolutely take an NIJ proven manufacturers $109 plate rated to stop all that, weighing 0.88 lbs and like 1/4 inch thick, with 0 consideration for trying to homemade something that is hopefully about equal

Plates don’t start to get expensive until you are into stopping rifle rounds without spall

6 Likes

44 Magnum was the only round that penetrated it.

3 Likes

5 Likes

I see you, Marty

4 Likes

Looks like what Clint wore in “A Few Dollars More” when he was facing down the bad guy.

5 Likes

Your list is good except for the .40 S & W. He hit it with .45 ACP instead. The .44 Magnum penetrated but then again, that 'Mare’s Leg" had a 16 inch barrel. Might make a difference in energy. I would have like to have seen it fired from, say, a Ruger Blackhawk pistol w/7 1/2 incher.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what all the girls say too

3 Likes

LOL!!!

2 Likes