CDC Recommendations: Zombie Apocalypse

All of a sudden, the gov’t and the Leftist media mobs seem preoccupied with purging the Internet of media fictions which blur the line between fantasy and reality. Perhaps Uncle Sam should look in the mirror and get the proverbial plank out of his own eye before attempting to remove the specks of dust in ours. The CDC actually has an entire section of their website dedicated to preparations for and survival of a Zombie Apocalypse. They just spent a bunch of resources updating this material during what is supposedly the worst pandemic since the 1918 Spanish Flu.

https://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmatters/2011/05/preparedness-101-zombie-apocalypse/

1 Like

I had to look… Here’s the link for everyone!

https://www.cdc.gov/cpr/zombie/index.htm

2 Likes

@USCCA Sorry, I got distracted! SMH Thanks for the save!

https://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmatters/2011/05/preparedness-101-zombie-apocalypse/

1 Like

Our tax dollars hard at work! This is what happens when your HR measures people on factors other than competence, professionalism and business ethics, and the place becomes overrun with clowns.

2 Likes

That right there is exactly why I retired way early from the rat race.

How do we do that?

Live on half of what you make and get lucky on an investment or two. Oh…and marry well. That’s very important!

3 Likes

I can sort of see a reason for this campaign. The vast majority of Americans feel that they don’t need to prepare for emergencies and have an incredibly unjustified belief that the government can and will come to save them in a major emergency. They are not going to read advice on properly preparing. But with the cultural fascination with all things Zombie they may read this stuff and at least have some prepping thoughts sink into their subconscious and maybe even act upon some of those thoughts later.

3 Likes

Sure. Squander resources of the Centers for Disease Control during an unprecedented global pandemic. Why not? Our government is a bad joke.

1 Like

Based on how they’ve handled things so far it might be better if the CDC wastes more time on zombie planning and leaves the pandemic to people who can at least make up their minds on if masks work or not and how many we need to wear at one time;)

3 Likes
1 Like

Who do I talk to about a refund?

2 Likes

@Scott52 When you find out, please let me know.

2 Likes

Before Hollywood spread the ridiculous notion that a virus contagion creates zombies, it was common knowledge that zombies are tied to Voodoo. Voodoo is practiced in S.Florida, you can find some interesting artifacts in the Everglades.
CDC is culturally appropriating, someone please make them apologize and self-cancel.

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile:

Our bureaucrats hard at work!

YGTBSM

3 Likes

This is a brilliant way to capture attention and educate in the theory of disaster preparedness.
I like it.
Except for the brain eating.

1 Like

I am well and truly surprised ya’ll have never heard of the CDC Zombie plan before. It’s been around for years. It goes back at least as far as 2011. “Zombies” can be used in place of any other disease outbreak that quickly spreads with serious consequences and is meant to be a plan for those situations not just for the CDC but public at large. It started as a tongue-in-cheek way to be hip and cool or something and it stuck.