CCW app for android, maybe iPhone, I don't know

Here’s a cool app I found a year or so ago, was actually recommended by a fellow instructor. It’s called CCW and I think it cost like a dollar or two. I get a lot of info on state laws and it’s very helpful when traveling. It updates everytime a new law passes. I’ve attached some screenshots as a preview and to make sure you get the right one. Screenshot_20190309-152621_Google%20Play%20Store 20190309_152407 Screenshot_20190309-152418_CCW Screenshot_20190309-152441_CCW Screenshot_20190309-152430_CCW Screenshot_20190309-152505_CCW

1 Like

USCCA has an app too. And it’s free!!

4 Likes

Yeah, I know I have it too. It’s no where near as in depth though.

1 Like

@JKetchem, I like these apps but I always worry about if they’re updated. Have you had any laws change in your area lately?

1 Like

Yeah and it updated today. I’m kind of in a different predicament than most. I’m an instructor so I have to keep up with the law here more than most. So far the app has been on track, although I don’t rely on it for Tennessee, it gives me more confidence for other states.

3 Likes

A variety of tools is always a good thing - whether it’s a variety of handguns and holsters or apps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Added both to my phone, should come in handy later this year for my road trip, will probably hit 6 states in a loop type trip.

2 Likes

There’s another app called “Posted”. It’s a crowd sourced deal that let’s others know “gun friendly” and “non-gun friendly” places. I don’t know if I could call it great. I guess if more people used it, it could be helpful.

3 Likes

Legal Heat has been the best app I’ve tried so far, however it’s not free.

2 Likes

I’ve got the Posted app also. Definitely has potential.

2 Likes

I agree, I try to add stuff whenever I go somewhere. I’m in a smaller area, so I feel like I’m one of about 5 people using it around here.

1 Like

I live in Tennessee and right now they are trying to get a RED FLAG bill pushed through the state and I’m praying it fails again.

2 Likes

What part of Tennessee? Email and call your reps. Tell them how you think!

1 Like

I’m just southeast of Nashville and have already sent out emails and phone calls

1 Like

Ah, you’re in a light blue area. I’m in dark red East Tennessee. :wink:

1 Like

We have ‘carry’ insurance through a couple of organizations, one is Firearms Legal Protection. They’ve got a very nice, very complete app if you’re a member, including state laws (which they update whenever laws change), gun vault, training logs, training drills, crowd-sourced list of anti-2a stores and restaurants, and some other useful stuff. search your app store for “My FLP” or “Firearms Legal Protection” I think. I’m running it on android.

2 Likes

@JKetchem, Yes it is available for the iPhone. I just checked. I might check it out. I also have the USCCA App. On the iPhone it is $1.99 and In-App Purchases too. I’m always afraid of the extra costs and what they will want to charge me for.

1 Like