I’m a resident of Arizona where there are a lot of Reservations in and around our cities and points of interest. It is my understanding that:
- You can’t carry on tribal lands without a permit from that particular tribe, but each tribe sets its own laws, so that might not apply to all of them.
- If you are on a State road that goes through tribal lands, you are considered as if on State land.
- You can apply for a permit with any particular tribe.
I still have a number of questions about this.
- Can I still carry while driving on a city road that goes through tribal land?
- Am I allowed to store my weapon in my vehicle when I go to tribal land?
- Do the tribes have any reciprocity permits between themselves?
We need a pact between the State(s) and/or the Federal government to secure reciprocity and add clarity. In the meantime, it would be great if USCCA (or anyone) could share a map per each state of the reservation borders, with links to the laws for the various reservations and the permit applications.
What do you think?