Carjacking what would you do?

Carjacking in Miss, they walk right up into the driveway to steal a car. The adult son runs and hides while the grandma and mom pull babies out of the back seat.

How would you handle this? Watch the imbedded video.

6 Likes

Ambushes are tough. Unarmed, kids in car, gun pointed your way.
If I was quick thinking enough I would probably push the panic button on the key fob to bring attention to the neighborhood and hopefully scare the attackers away.

The woman’s maternal instincts kicked in. That was amazing.

9 Likes

Well that depends who I was. If we lived in a responsible armed society this probably wouldn’t have happened. These punks wouldn’t have the wherewithal to do this.

3 Likes

Wow, literally they opened by opening fire.

I’d be moving, not sure where, probably thinking a million thoughts per half second, is the vehicle cover, is the vehicle concealment, do I have to move away from the car because I have family in it, but moving, drawing my gun, and doing my best to get them both before they get us.

They are literally starting the scenario by shooting at me/us…it’s game on

Also, notice how far it is from the front of the car to the two individuals to begin…remember this when someone tells you that you’ll only have to use your carry gun at 3 yards (a silly claim, commonly far beyond that)

6 Likes

Best reason to practice “el Presidente”

However everyone went home with no holes. But the bad guys are free to practice new style car jacking at will!
I’m a firm believer of the Lt. Col Jeff Cooper ideology…

9 Likes

That’s a tough one, I suspect I’d be going for my gun right after the first shot was fired, no need to let the creeps get that close unopposed. After that it’s cover and fight, stay away from the babies brother or I’ll do my damnedest to make sure you do.

5 Likes

TRUTH,
Hopefully (since it didn’t happen to me)
I would have been aware of trouble seeing them
come up the drive. YELL everybody down!
and respond
Self Defense maxed!
I will leave out details to not offend some roving
Snowflakes on this forum.

5 Likes

Holy sh!t, I’m dead! Can’t even pull the trigger that quickly.

2 Likes

The first shot would have been answered by a barrage of cover fire (no one advances or even stands their ground when a buttload of bullets are whizzing by) and then accurate single shots aimed at stopping the threat with prejudice.

And that’s why we practice shooting at distance and carry multiple magazines…

8 Likes

I can, but not at three different targets at three different distances, on the move! So the first guy is definitely going down, hopefully the second is clearly in retreat as his buddy bleeds out. FAFO!
Those are some new tactics they are using, and now more than ever we need to be completely aware of our surroundings out to at least 50 - 75 yards maybe even 100 yards. Now I keep a set of binoculars in the car.

7 Likes

In addition I think we should never pull into a driveway, forward.
I always back into a driveway, allows me a clear view getting into and out of my vehicle and providing cover with the door.

There are plenty of reasons for parking this way.

4 Likes

Tough one. If I start sending rounds in their direction at distance, with their guns already out they are unlikely to bolt. Most likely they start blindly spraying rounds toward the car and those in or near it. Best case, I can get clear of the car and begin the gunfight away from it.

Tall odds with a stacked deck.

4 Likes

Something I like to think I’d be able to do IRL, and honestly I am going to cite video games (yes, really) as well as paintball here…stacking of your opponents/attackers. IF at all possible, while moving and facing 2 or more attackers, try to move in a way that puts them and you in a line…that way closest BG/attacker has his buddy as your backstop and farther BG/attacker has his buddy blocking you from him.

In theory anyway

6 Likes

I think you mean concealment. Doors on modern cars couldn’t stop a BB from a spring action BB gun. Unless you get lucky and they hit the crash crossbar. That’s why they teach to hide behind the motor or a wheel. They are solid objects.

3 Likes

That sir is a classic concept in hand to hand combat, do not engage multiple target from multiple angles. Do what you can to either line them up or knock them down and make them step over one another if possible.

7 Likes

There have been a slew of videos showing carjackers using there cars to stop victims in enclosed one lane places so that they can charge the victim from the front.

So many of them it affected how I drove and reacted I had someone ahead of me slow down and I went on the grass to get around them. Didn’t even realize I was going to until I had already started the maneuver.

5 Likes

Rule 1 There are no rules.
Rule 2 Do not get shot.
Rule 3 If you are alive afterwards then you won.

5 Likes

To most of us there ARE RULES, other than your own survival, when the occupants of the vehicle are people YOU care about.

2 Likes

You or yours survival is what matters. I liked how she threw the keys to them and kept her distance. They did not lock the doors and tried to keep them from getting in the car. They removed the kids from the car as fast as possible and had them get away.

to place rules that you must go by then you are limiting yourself. Do whatever you have to do to save loved ones and yourself.

2 Likes

This could have gone far differently.

Watching the video, yeah, it all worked out for the victims minus one car. But they were at the total mercy or lack there of by the attackers. In this instance with those criminals…

Your response sounded more like self preservation above all else. Something I cannot accept with loved ones lives at stake.

3 Likes