CAPTION THIS PHOTO! (Then I will tell you what was ACTUALLY taking place!)

Hmmm somebody may be laying in wait behind these vehicles let me be ready to rock and roll.

2 Likes

@Mel2
:thinking:… so you didn’t shoot the fan… :laughing:

Be careful now. This time it was a CAT BURGLAR, next time might be a CAT KILLER :grimacing:

3 Likes

OMG, glad no one was hurt, and all are safe. Thanks for sharing info on firearms! Very nice! Just think of the history…what a nice collection! So many thanks for your story!!! Bring on some more!!!

Johnnyq….I guess you and I flunked the training scenario…how many calls in your career did a cat set off a disturbance? Youll have to tell some of your stories. However, send a cat in for a distraction???

45packing dude…hope you share your naked Cheetos…

Mel…a lot of us live in the country and are exhibitionists…have to give the distant neighbors something to talk about when their binnos are observing us! Believe me, when I am mowing close to the country road, I give the passerby’s something to remember, whether it be firearms, or an older dude with grey hair, in his blue morning robe, trekking to the mailbox. Or just a friendly wave. Our griffen and dingo marks their territory around the 10 acres, and why not follow their lead.

4 Likes

Oh believe me…I am fully aware of "Country Living!
Before moving here to FL…I had a 173 acre farm in southeast MO. (80 miles south of St. Louis)…with 105 acres of open pasture/hay fields and the rest in timber, the old 2 story farm house sitting a half mile off the state hwy, hay barn, out buildings, 45 head of cattle, spring fed 7 acre stocked lake teaming with bass, an abundance of White tails and gobblers (along with packs of coyotes), bordered by a spring fed creek with wild rainbows and brown trout…3 miles outside of a town of only 1200 people.
Even bordered Ted Nugents hunting club farm!

But the meth drug infiltrated the people in the area and crime began to become just too much.
They were poaching our cattle, killed 2 of my dogs, stole ANYTHING that wasn’t bolted down…including my John Deere.
When they murdered an elderly couple on our road…that was enough.
I divided the place up into 3 parcels and sold it to 3 different buyers…sold off 35 classic Pontiacs I had in my car collection and auctioned off the rest, packed up my family and moved to the Land of Mickey Mouse!

I do have to say…I miss the taking a leak whenever and where ever I felt the urge, my then wife sunbathing in the nude (when the kids were gone) and the general freedoms that come with living way off the grid.

But I do not miss the daylight to dark work it takes to run a small farm, the 15 acres of finishing mowing had to be done every week in the spring, summer and fall.
Hay cutting, cattle feeding, constant equipment repairs, house and out buildings always needing something fixed, …and especially the winters where snow would fall so deep, you couldn’t get out for a week or longer!

5 Likes

@Mel2 So you asked us to caption the picture so are you going to choose the one you like?

3 Likes

It was a dark and stormy night, as I sat in my recliner. A lonely white stray cat tried to break into my house and almost got shot.

No animals were harmed in the writing of this story.

2 Likes

@BRUCE26

Yours was actually the most descriptive, Bruce…

That is a Texas 2-Ply SAP (Slap Jack)…or also known as a “Boston Blackjack”…or a “Biker’s Head Buster”!

It is my non-lethal “Go To” item in the event a White cat tries pushing its way in passed me at the door!

And yes…that is a tennis ball, one of hundreds (literally!) around the house for the Dobies…
It is unusual for our floor to be so clean as it is usually covered with tennis balls and stuffed animals, in several levels of dismemberment! And if that cat would have gotten in the house…Im pretty sure he would have also been quickly dismembered by a game of DOBERMAN PINSCHER 4-WAY TUG-A-WAR! :hot_face:

2 Likes

Cool. That was fun. :wink:

2 Likes

Mel, wow your country story??? Very sad. Hope where you live now, you dont have the crime and have to move again. Thanks again for sharing!

2 Likes