Cancel Culture and the Ban on Cartoon Guns | USCCA

I’ve been watching my two younger children play a “murder mystery” video game in which a random person from a pool of online players is deemed a murderer, one is selected to be the sheriff and the rest of the participants are labeled “innocent.” In the game, the innocent characters run around a maze of hallways and secret passageways while the chosen murderer tries to take out the other players with a knife. If the designated sheriff (who has a revolver) can stop the murderer before all the innocent players are eliminated, the game ends with a victory. Or, if the sheriff is taken out by the murderer, another character can then retrieve the one-and-only gun in the game and stop the knife-wielding cartoon avatar. If the latter is the case, the game announces that “A hero has saved the day!”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/cancel-culture-and-the-ban-on-cartoon-guns/
1 Like

I grew up in Wisconsin. A friend of mine had a box of cast-aluminium guns. We would get together as kids, about the age of 10, and play “cops and robbers.” Never once, did we actually visualize murdering anyone or creating mayhem. We went about life as kids. We were just that—kids. We were not murderers in training. We learned lessons on those days. We learned teamwork and we learned to rely on one another. We did not focus on killing. We focused on fun. We respected the cast guns. We did not immediately run through the house looking for real guns. When play was done the guns were packed away and we focused on other things. To the best of my knowledge, none of us is in jail, nor in any type of trouble because of the “scars” left by the cast guns. Too bad that social media has taken so many people away from reality. We get closer to living George Orwell’s Animal Farm every single day.

The Left is actively recruiting sheep. We must do our best to educate people with respect. I get upset when I hear someone saying, “We need to ban automatic weapons.” It is easy for me to get angry and blurt out that normal civilians cannot even own “automatic” weapons, but then I realize that the person saying that is indoctrinated more than educated. Take time to educate people and be aware that many of these people are being actively indoctrinated by the Left. Respect and reason go much further than blind indoctrination.

Continue to be the sheepdog and protect and guide the many sheep.

3 Likes

After watching and growing up with bugs bunny, I have to admit I have never smoked cigars, dropped anvils on any animal, nor packed thousands of pounds of TNT under wooden decks or floor boards, hunted rabbits or put my finger into the muzzle of a gun to stop it from firing.

2 Likes

I can honestly say that with all the cartoons I’ve watched over the years of my youth, looney toons being my favorite, I have never had such urges nor has anyone else I know. I also have never heard of a gun or knife becoming animated and jumping up on it’s own to hurt someone. The statement that “guns kill people” is preposterous and that of the uneducated. I wonder if they will try to take away crowbars, hammers, screwdrivers. Ignorance does more damage than anything else.

1 Like

And I never found that Acme Catalog and its a real shame because it looked like fun.

1 Like

What will Star Wars look like? Star Trek will have to be taken off due to the phasers.
Will the video games be nuetered? Grand Theft will take on a new style with people asking for your car.

I will sit here and chew on this carrot.

Larry

2 Likes

I found the Acme Catalog and haven’t had any more problems with wiley coyotes

3 Likes

I have been a hunter for years and talking to my friends I believe that the weapons they give to the cartoon characters will be a lot more violent on the animals that a gun

1 Like