Canada plans to destroy Browning Hi-Power Pistols

Canadian Military’s WWII-Era Browning Hi-Power Pistols Are Finally Being Replaced (msn.com)

I would say more, but am typing one handed after dominent hand surgery this morning.

6 Likes

:cry: :cry: :cry: :sob: :sob: :sob: :scream: :scream: :scream:

A sad, sad, sad, day. :confounded:

5 Likes

Seems like a big loss of history and waste of taxpayer dollars. Instead of selling them to collectors for several hundred dollars each they will likely have to pay someone a bunch of money to destroy them. Bet the destruction process will lead to more of them making their way to the black market then selling them to collectors would.

5 Likes

One of the most beautiful and enduring pistols in history.

Send out of the boarder we will be glade to take them off your hands :grinning:

8 Likes

I hereby volunteer to help destroy all these Browning Hi-Powers. To facilitate this, I have a truck to transport them to an undisclosed location to be properly disposed of.

6 Likes

Maybe they could send them to Ukraine?

8 Likes

If you’re watching what Trudeau is doing to Canada, the argument could be made that he’s not on the side of Ukraine.

7 Likes

What a waste. :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

Too bad, but the design is pretty dated by now.

Below is my HiPower that I carried off-duty and in plainclothes duty in the early 70s. I added adjustable rear sights and literally wore out the original blued finish, so I had it Ceracoated a few years back. When I replaced the springs, after nearly 50 years they probably needed replacing, I added an SFS system and new grips (I don’t like the grips and will replace them with wood some day).

1 Like

That is such a huge waste. They could export them and make money by having them sold as used. There are many of us here in the U.S. that would gladly buy one of the old war horse pistols. We are losing to much history right now, I hate to think what it will be like in another 100 years,
Pat

2 Likes

Send them to the USA. I LOVE the Browning Hi-Power!!!

3 Likes

Nope… To the commies running Canada right now the Gun it self is EVILLLLLLL… and therefore must be destroyed. Because it will be used against them.

2 Likes

i’m a John Browning he has made some of the longest used weapon the world has seen 1911, high power, m-2 ma deuce to name a few. the sig is fine firearm but i’ll stick with the tried and true 1911 an the high power.

2 Likes

Such a bummer. I’ve always wanted to own a hi-power. Hope your hand gets better.

2 Likes

Thank you! It was cool that I got to watch the surgery - it was a lot more invasive than I had envisioned. He did a Dupuytren Contracture release as well as removed some stuff about the size of a pencil eraser that was causing tendon pain at the base of the pinky finger. No primary hand shooting for me for about 6 weeks or so.

2 Likes