Can my sister in CA ship my dads 22 rifle to me in WI

i have a gun shop with an FFL willing to receive the rifle but i dont know how CA does things. can my sister just pack the rifle and take it to FEDEX ?

this site does not specify CA, but it seems complete coverage of the subject otherwise

2 Likes

She can take it to an FFL in CA. and have it mailed to your FFL in WI. BTW welcome to the family and God bless you.

2 Likes

thank you

2 Likes

I know they can with pistols just make sure with a rifle double check.

1 Like

i do worry about having to use FFL in CA. so that is why i asked about just take it to contract shipper. oh well

1 Like

you were there. thank you and bless you too.

1 Like

The other option is to go visit your sister and mail it to yourself from CA. A friend of mine who lives in WA dose this when he comes here to hunt. He bought a BNIB gun case took it home disassembled the box turned it inside out and put it back together again. Shipped it to himself at my work, signature required. All is well no laws broken and has worked several times.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

thank you craig6

1 Like

Welcome to the community and I hope you can figure it all out

1 Like

It’s perfectly legal for your FFL to receive a long gun shipped directly from an individual (non FFL) anywhere in the USA. She does not need to use an FFL to ship. I use UPS Ground all the time to ship to FFLs. Tell her to pack the gun, print the label online, include a copy of her California drivers license and a note that the gun is for you so the receiving FFL can log it in his book. Then take it to a UPS store and have them just scan the label for tracking. They won’t even ask what’s in the box.

1 Like

done deal.
thank you
it sounds like the majority opinion
also, cannot find any calif law the pertains.
robert

1 Like