Can I go to the great state of Texas and just buy a silencer?

With all the red tape and tax stamps and waiting involved in buying a suppressor, I’m wondering if it would be cheaper and faster to just go get one in Texas. Is that how that works or am I misunderstanding? Is Texas bypassing the unconstitutional ATF and NFA with their ridiculous suppression of a safety device that makes a gun less concealable and more safe for the👂.

My guess is you can go anywhere and buy one but I doubt you can take possession of it until after the stamp is approved by the batfe and you have the paperwork in hand.

1 Like

I’ve got a buddy there. He explained that it was for Texas residents and they can’t leave the state with one purchased without the federal paperwork. I thought he was tugging my chain, but this is the second time I’ve heard about it now.

3 Likes

If you don’t mind being a federal felon, sure (which TX residents are as well)

Well, I think most people realize that the federal government really only has two jobs. 1:Make good deals with other countries for USA exports and foreign imports. 2: keep ready the best most advanced armed forces possible. Anything more then that should be left up to the individual states. All these federal regulations are over reaching. For example, if one state has tighter food regulations then another and that results in higher quality food, The People will seek that better food out and buy it. Other states will see that and follow suit or charge less for their inferior product. I started a thread under the legal section asking anyone to justify federal regulations on a safety device that saves on the :ear:. Nobody could come up with anything or any reason suppressors were so federally regulated. It’s a perfect example of why people in general, and states like Texas just stop listening to them. They’re dumb. Our economy reflects that. Even though the federal government is actually trying to establish a world government and that’s why they act like they do which is kind of smart but we’re on to them now but that’s for a different platform for sure. Anyway, that’s my position on it. Love you bro!!!

1 Like

That’s what I figured. You’d probably have to show some state ID if you wanted to just grab one without a stamp and papers. Dang! I need to move to Texas for a while, then move back!:rofl::joy::rofl: Thanks for the info though!!

From what I understand if you live in Texas you can grab one without all that stuff. As it should be.

1 Like

The NFA is and was unconstitutional. No one in government seems to understand what Shall not be Infringed means. The 2nd declares The Right of The People to and have the means to overthrow a tyrannical government by force.
Suppressors were added in by Fish and Game because of poaching. The poachers ignored it.

2 Likes

Well by trade they are poachers😂 so that would make sense that they would ignore laws!!!

3 Likes

And really it’s not a complicated science. If a poacher couldn’t get one they could probably improvise one pretty easily.

1 Like

Group: If you are allowed to legally buy one; Please check your local listings if one’s allowed to possess one where you live. Really wish we had em at the range; my ears would thank you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like