Came Across this from the Armed Attorneys

8 Likes

Yeah…don’t post your gun collection on Facebook and then post on Facebook that you are going out of town for a week. As an example from the video.

But also bear in mind that with self censorship and not posting about firearms it becomes easier to portray gun ownership as fringe/unusual because, well, fewer people have gun ownership out there in the social sphere, so to speak.

If you are going to post your guns on social media/on the internet…I’ll add myself…context matters. ‘Optics’ matter. Consider how it will be viewed or portrayed or construed.

…and don’t post illegal guns or illegal activities…

Oh, and I’ll also add…remember that no matter what your state might say, being a user of marijuana makes you federally prohibited from possessing a firearm

10 Likes

And I don’t know if it is true but nothing will surprise me any more don’t let your serial be seen online and I hear that there are programs out there that can clean up and enlarge them no matter how much you can hide them and I don’t know about you but I don’t want anyone with any of my serial numbers

5 Likes

I don’t post pics here or on FB or social media in general, but occasionally I’ll post semi-generic comment about my EDC and back-up EDC.

I especially agree with your second paragraph. I have a problem with the “grey man” syndrome, but I’m getting tired of hiding my Rights-- especially as a tax-paying, law-abiding citizen.

8 Likes

IMO it’s not a bad idea to take a few seconds to cover up the serial with a strip of paper or the edge of your rag or whatever the case may be.

Same reason it’s not a bad idea to put a rag over your plate number if posting pics of your vehicle. Well, similar reason, but maybe moreso with firearms

6 Likes

Better yet. Wean yourselves off of all social media platforms like Fakebook and Twatter and you won’t have to worry about it. For the life of me I could never understand why anyone in this community would ever support such fascist platforms.

/rant

15 Likes

That is a strict no-no,never put your finger on the trigger unless you are getting ready to fire,that is the FIRST rule of weapons safe handling,always keep the trigger finger in lock jaw position on the side of the weapon

3 Likes

Great book by an amazing modern super-genius:
Ten Arguments for Deleting Your Social Media Accounts Right Now

I hearty recommend this book, reading Jaron’s other books, and watching videos of him on C-SPAN BookTV.

3 Likes

I flagged the pic as inappropriate. Please don’t take it personal. I realize you are trying to make a point. I am trying to further that point. The proper use of a gun is to save lives. We should not be ashamed of that. I think the video made a good point about not posting pics of guns because a thief might come to steal them. The anti gun people fear that responsible gun owners are going to turn into irresponsible gun owners. Posting pics like the one you said not to post reinforces that fear in them and me. My point is if we want to show the world that the proper use of guns is a way to better society we have to display them properly and that is to save lives by stopping the threat.

2 Likes

There is? Lol

3 Likes

I’m flagged :smiling_imp:
Not the first and not the last time… :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

@Jerzees >> There is a saying “ IF YOU DON’T FALL YOUR NOT PLAYING HARD ENOUGH “
It’s ok to pick up each other and keep playing.
( get back on the ice Mr. Jerzy, we need you on the team <<<

7 Likes

The few forums that I’m on are the closest thing i have to social media. Havent had Fakebook since 2012 and havent looked back.

7 Likes

I only take pictures of my firearms , for insurance purposes, with a standard camera and store the SD card.

5 Likes

Wow! :scream: :roll_eyes: You do realize all you have to do is click on it to view it and 99.9% of people will do so. :joy:

3 Likes

What make’s you think it bothered him? :rofl:

3 Likes

And now everyone who clicks on it will know what is inappropriate.

1 Like

Silly Bird. :rofl:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t have flagged it as inappropriate if it wasn’t in the don’t post pic thread.

We are soooooo lucky to have you as our moral compass. :unamused:

6 Likes