Calling all "deer-hunter widows"

Deer hunting is a big thing in Wisconsin. There are deer-hunter widow events that range from craft fairs to bar hops to all sorts of entertainment for the women who are left behind when the men go hunting. (More women are hunting now, but the widows weekend is usually still for women.)

One trend I’ve seen over the last few years is women going to the range while the guys are out hunting.

Which would you prefer, hunting or the range?

2 Likes

Hey @Dawn I see you haven’t gotten any replies. It’s probably because all the wives are at bars getting drunk with their friends. Which is also what the men are doing while their rifles have never even been taken out of the trunk of their cars. I lived in Wisconsin for 15 years. I know how the game works. The guys will just buy some venison at the grocery store on the way home.
This ain’t my first rodeo girlfriend.
Just sayin’… :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Opening weekend for Firearms Deer Season is 11/22-24 here in Illinois. I’ll have to rely on my past students to bring back some venison for me. I will continue working towards the USCCA mission and training more instructors here in Central Illinois.

Become a USCCA Certified Instructor

2 Likes

Not a hunter myself - but then neither is the hubby :smiley:

1 Like

LOL!!! :rofl:

1 Like