Building a Semi-Auto 22LR Rifle

Please forgive my ignorance, but I’ve been trying to look up online if its possible to build a Semi Auto 22LR, and have had no success. Is it even possible to build one or not, and if its possible, any and all help finding the information or steering me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Look up Brownells web site, I think it’s their br 22 basically a 10-22

2 Likes

Like this?

GuntalkTV’s Build Box has an episode to upgrade the 10/22 once you’ve been bitten by the bug.

2 Likes

All told, under $500.00.

6 Likes

Ok, now I really feel stupid, :laughing:! I must have been looking for 20 minutes. Thanks for the info!

2 Likes

Wow, looks awesome! Nice price too!

3 Likes

Ruger 10-22, ATI stock, Ruger BX mag, BX trigger, NEBO Weapons light, Red Dot sight.
Set this up for the Wife, shoots CCI Stingers and Veloster’s. :slightly_smiling_face:
P.S. I’m sure the parts price is higher now. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Been there, done that.
It just so happened GuntalkTV featured the 10/22 recently.

2 Likes

Yeah, but still am thinking that years ago i built an AR15 and the price per part was ok, bit high though, so im thinking those prices went up, but still, compared to what i spent for that, fir the 22lr, still has to be less overall, even though more expensive now.

2 Likes

Cool, seems i picked the right time to ask my question then, lol

2 Likes

Lots of knowledge here and people willing to share. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Lots of 15/22 options, and mostly reasonable prices. Harder to find, but also some good 22WMR options.

1 Like

Definitely. I’ve noticed that from day one when I joined a couple months ago. All too many other firearm type groups seem to have, although not all in those groups are this way, but they seem to have a few too many smart asses, individuals that since they have more firearm related knowkedge then most, they feel that gives them the right to be a biligerent asshole. Anyway, I do appreciate very much the atmosphere I’ve experienced here, and very much appreciate the help and information. Thanks all!

7 Likes

Yes, Ive noticed that. Since I asked this question just a little earlier, I already have more then enough info and parts list and some instructions saved, and prices, to get started. Thanks!

3 Likes

The AR15 you built years ago is gonna be a way more effective 22 caliber self-defense tool than any 22LR you can buy or build.