Biden awards Medal of Honor

A true patriot! (And I’m not talking about Biden)
Thank you again to ALL who have served!

7 Likes

I apologize for getting wrapped around the axle about details, but Mr. Biden does not “award” the Medal of Honor. The MoH requires a Congressional vote. The President- Mr. Biden or any of his predecessors- merely has the honor of presenting it to the service member who earned it.

It’s a common mistake in the press, but I feel it’s worth correcting every time they make it.

12 Likes

Reading the story, I am sorry to say I believe the two submissions for his MoH are highly likely to have been $#17-canned twice by racist ne’er-do-wells in the Army or DoD, and not innocently “lost.” I am very glad that someone resurrected the nomination and that this has finally been awarded.

The Colonel is, indeed, a true hero, and should have been so recognized and honored decades ago.

7 Likes

A true patriot and I AM talking about Biden!

I will politely, strongly disagree with that characterization.

3 Likes

I will politely, even more strongly, disagree with that characterization.

2 Likes

Ouch. :popcorn:

Can anyone ask Biden where the RUSSIAN NUCLEAR SUBMARINS are at? :worried:

3 Likes

escalated

The discussion started with a feel-good story about a MoH recipient finally being recognized.
7 replies into the discussion, you’re calling people names.
Good job. We almost lost our grumpy-old-man reputation.

2 Likes

Don’t feed the trolls.

3 Likes

Yes, you’re right.
Although I must confess, sometimes it’s fun to watch children self-ignite when they lose an argument even though they called their opponent a doo-doo head.

5 Likes

If I were to receive the “Medal of Honor” I would hope it would be issued by someone with honor and integrity! Not the current guy in the house!

Isn’t he the epitome of “Stolen Valor”?

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

NOT HAPPENING!

5 Likes

I understand your position, but it shouldn’t matter which person occupies the office. The only difference it should make is who you get your picture with. But if you had a MoH, I’m pretty sure you could get your picture taken with any living former president.

1 Like

It certainly is - to the best of his ability.

1 Like

3 Likes

It’s time to give up!

1 Like

Well, in some ways it is “courageous” for a man to claim he is a woman. :rofl:

3 Likes