Becoming a criminal when police come to take my guns

So when Oregon governor and senators and representatives pass gun control bans. After I have been arrested for having guns, will I be pardoned and or released if and when Trump approves every American should be a loud to carry a gun.

3 Likes

Trump cannot pardon anyone for state criminal convictions. He can only pardon for federal crimes.

4 Likes

So I guess I will be a criminal for life

4 Likes

Trump doesn’t have to approve every firearm. Our forefathers already decided that in their spelled out reminder to the government, our Bill of Rights.

If you are in jail for lawfully having firearms then civil war has started. We’ll come get you.

11 Likes

Bill. It looks like WE all are screwed now if sleepy wins. God help us all!! I’ve been struggling trying wondering. WTF are those so called Americans thinking voting in a 40 yr slacker as Pres??? I really can’t believe it. 1 thing I do believe is that I’ll be laughing my behind off when they lose EVERYTHING because their job now is being done by some china guy. Yes sir. We all need to hang onto the constitution as written. Not how biden,that lunatic Pelosi and most dems think it should be written. Best of luck to us who see the devastating future ahead. Don’t let anyone take your toys. Their yours. Bet your was they won’t be after the automatics the gang bangers have. Because they are scared of them. Good day sir

7 Likes

This is a tough topic. I live in OR also. I have lived a good life. Followed all the rules. Gun confiscation is illegal. At some point you have to make a choice. Ever watched the movie “Open Range”? I take the bar scene comment to heart… Some things eat at a Man worse than dying". As the saying goes, “If you think you have to hide your guns (from government) it is time to use them”. With all the NEW gun owners, I assume many are liberals, perhaps it will put a damper on their agenda. We will have to wait and see. Seems this mindset turns up after every election. Join OFF (https://www.oregonfirearms.org/) and remember the comments below.

“You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments: rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws….” ~ John Adams

“All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void.” [Marbury vs. Madison, 5 US (2 Cranch) 137, 174,176 (1803)]

3 Likes

@Bill40 Welcome to the community. All is not lost. Remember the Four Boxes: Soap; Ballot; Jury and Ammo. We are now balancing between the ballot and jury boxes. Seems like the House is gaining parity and the Senate will remain Republican. Many State seats flipped to Republican. President Trump is still in the fight, so don’t lose hope.

4 Likes

No government be it local state or federal can suspend the rights enumerated in the constitution, furthermore, those that try are guilty of a federal felony under 18 USC 242. Denial of constitutional rights under “color” of law. Should any get injured or killed, they can receive the death penalty. And as John said, Marbury vs Madison contains the “any law repugnant to the constitution is null and void. States rights are not absolute, they are subject to the constitution. In that respect there is federal precedent. States such as Oregon sadly are reaping the folly of what their Marxist educators are teaching. Stay safe, these rights enumerated are only acknowledged in the constitution. The amendments are a warning to government that they have no jurisdiction meddling in them.

1 Like

I would disagree in that once they stray into federal territory as it would be in the this case, he would have jurisdiction to act. As once he is charged they are guilty of a federal felony under 18 USC 242. Denial of constitutional rights under “color” of law.

Ok ok. I do 100% say the fully autos should be military only. I mean hunting doesn’t require a fully auto. If someone needs that then might I recommend a few weeks on a range. I mean come on. But to ban guns if in state or federal. No I refuse to back that.

Kevin, with all due respect… what does full auto have to do with it? At the time of writing it was to insure the citizenry had the means to overthrow a dysfunctional government. We were meant to have the same “equipment” as the military. Of course realistically today who could afford it?
The bigger concept is the government has zero right to limit any means of “battle equipment” the military has access to. We have strayed pathetically.
As correctly mentioned the States have the authority to make laws/statutes that are restricted to the Federal Government (another place we have been derelict). However State or Federal, the concept applies… the 2nd amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our rigts which are to be protected by government, not compromised. If I want a tank or fighter jet it is my RIGHT. Can I afford it… theres the catch.
Dont believe government has any right to limit your unalienable rights… :slight_smile: Inalienable rights supersede governmental laws and cultural norms. These natural rights include the right to think for oneself, the right to life, and the right to self-defense, and they remain through every human’s lifetime. Legal rights , on the other hand, are those created, acknowledged, and protected by a government.
Perhaps through CONCENT we may agree those with mental issues should not be allowed to own guns. This is something agreed upon, but IN MY OPINION if challenged in court should by all rights and definitions be a losing case for government. Our society is predicated upon people being good and responsible. You cannot arbritrurally take away any G-D GIVEN RIGHT. Society will sort it out. The bad guy will make a mistake and be “erased” A republic is not 100% safe, but like free markets, it will correct itself on its own if left unhindered.
John

3 Likes

Hey Bill. That post was intended for someone else. I have like 4 discussions going.

They can only do what we let them do!!

1 Like

I don’t know who this was directed at, but the 2nd is not to protect hunting.

Edit: I do agree you shouldn’t need a full auto for (food) hunting :+1:

3 Likes

Keyword… unhindered. We’re going to have to be diligent. I believe the game play on all of this is to ram-rod fiat orders and agendas constantly keeping things off balance. The rights are there and such, but I’m intrigued by your analogy to free market corrections. They’re not as natural as they once were. Just let me know where to report when the “correction” unfortunately has to happen.

2 Likes

Just remember, YOU are NOT the criminal, THEY are TYRANTS who chose to ignore our constitution and unalienable rights.

Our forefathers warned us of this possibility and gave us guidance on how to correct it.

6 Likes

I’m reminded of Charlton Heston’s words; “from my cold dead hand”! When he said it decades ago felt it was too extreme. Now, I think maybe he was correct, just ahead of his time.:cry:

4 Likes

@Cpt_DipSchitt Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you here. Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :+1:

1 Like

I think a lot of the new (first time) gun owners who allowed their emotions to be driven by the media will happily turn in their guns when the media says its all save now Trump is out of office. That will give a gun buy back program a false impression of being a success. Then the social justice warriors will be calling for everyone to turn them in.

When you see people raging about people not wearing a mask try doing this. Instead of hearing someone say JUST WEAR A MASK followed by its for everyone’s safety, insert them saying JUST TURN THEM IN. The facts won’t matter, they haven’t for a long time. They will get people so emotionally charged about it they won’t listen to reason

2 Likes

Give them everything that wasn’t lost in that tragic boating accident?

1 Like