Balloon drill

Has anyone tried this yet?

Something like this should be part of CCW classes. I’m wondering how many students would pass this test :thinking:

4 Likes

That is an amazing drill! Now I have to find a old greenhouse frame to set it up with.

1 Like

Interesting training idea. Shooting any of the balloons would be great for shooting moving targets. I don’t know that I’d train for shooting in that densely of a populated area though…

I don’t agree with his “sometimes you’ve got to shoot the hostage” comment at the end. :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Yeah, that wasn’t smart comment from him.:zipper_mouth_face:
I didn’t catch this before… :hear_no_evil:

Agree…I think it would be a fun drill to run…but in real life, if it’s that crowded, I’m most likely not pulling any triggers.

But again, it looks like a fund drill!

3 Likes

I can’t wait til it warms up here to do the drill. Maybe I’ll ask the indoor range I work at if I could try using balloons there… :thinking:

2 Likes

Lol, I can see it now…hey!! Who’s having the birthday party out there down range!? Is there cake!? :rofl:

1 Like

What I like with this drill is that you can adjust the number of bad guys and bystanders. So somehow you can make it close to real situations.

For me this one is more realistic than moving targets.

2 Likes

Wow… so this might be a reason this drill is not so popular… :wink:
Who wants do be shot on his / her B-Day party :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

@Greg1

That looks like a popup canopy frame (missing the cover).

They can be had for about $50 at walmart and such or just visit large events where the wind kicks up. If a rod breaks, most people just trash the whole thing when it can continue to work for years on a simple wrap of duct tape on setup.

2 Likes

Pretty sure the “Sometimes you gotta shoot the hostage” comment was off color humor. And by pretty sure I mean I thought the exact same joke a split second before he said it.

2 Likes

yes. I agree. that was a joke comment. :slightly_smiling_face:
Hopefully we haven’t started discussion about proper comments on published videos :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the info, I will keep an eye out for one. There is a guy in town who “scraps” I will ask him to look for one as well. I can replace a few bent support rods no problem.

1 Like

I LOVE the moving target aspect of this one! It makes it much more realistic.

3 Likes

hahaha… I smell something here… something is going on… perhaps Kevin will make a next video with balloon drill? :thinking::face_with_hand_over_mouth::hugs:

@KevinM… this might be a fun video. I volunteer to help with it! :wink:

1 Like

Just avoid your birthday time :joy:

It’s a quote from a movie called “Speed” stupid one.

1 Like

We are too young to have a chance see that movie :wink:

You didn’t miss much. Claim to fame is I think it was Sandra Bullock’s first starring movie, Keanu Reeves, Dennis Hopper, and the guy from dumb and dumber that wasn’t Jim Carrey

That quote was all the macho rage until you were the hostage.

1 Like