Bad Ammo: Bad Consequences

I agree 100% with Sheridan I reload all my own ammunition and its safer and much more cleaner done in more safer enviorment than in the factory. Every load every shell i make i inspect and make sure the powder measure is right and perfect for what i want, the primer is seated right the bullet is seated right and crimp is right by me a human, not a machine. I very very rarely buy ammo off the shelf. The other reason is I save tons of money and I value the the safety of knowing what is going on in my with my production. Also I absolutely love reloading I have a Dillion RL 550 C I can reload 300 to 500 rounds and hour. Happy shooting all!! Good call Sheridan like I said also I just do not trust factory ammo!

2 Likes

Semantics, you call it a gun barn, I call it a man cave…

1 Like

Where would you recommend I begin with learning the craft of reloading? I saw you mention the Dillion RL 550 C which reminded me of a conversation I had at a trade show about reloads. He mentioned the exact same press as a solid piece of equipment.

1 Like

I just had the honor of mentoring a young man in reloading. I have an old Dillon 550 that has untold number of rounds assembled on it. Still perfect with minimal care. You’re best to find someone that is an avid reloader. A shooting partner or maybe someone at your local gun store. And pick their brain or have them demonstrate. With youtube and the media forums you can get a lot of info to help you along. I learned from books, pre internet.
Sorry for the thread drift.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter how expensive .380 gets, I’ll buy new before using this box…

1 Like

Wow! That brass has some issues.

1 Like