Backpack Recommendations

I’ve got a vest like that and really stuffed, but with different flies for fly-fishing. :blush: :rofl:

3 Likes

YES!

10 Likes

My EDC bag (Get home bag?) is the 5.11 AMP72 in Tungsten. It is a Plain Jane looking backpack with a TON of room spread out through several compartments. Even has a large compartment in the back big enough for my Keltec Sub2K. I did a YouTube Video of it here: 5.11 AMP 72/Keltec Sub2000 - YouTube

4 Likes

Uncle Ray: Washo, why is little bear and clan up on tree. Chuck Norris: I don’t know Uncle Ray, only one way to find out. Let’s go talk to them. :rofl:

3 Likes

These have suddenly gotten pretty cheap, since the Army threw them all away. You could find them at a surplus store or on eBay. You can fit half your house in just one bag. As an added bonus, you’ll get knee replacements!
s-l500

7 Likes

Does anyone to use a fanny or waist carry bag for their edc and other items? Any particular brands that standout and are better than some of the ones I have seen on Amazon?

2 Likes

I occasionally use a Voodoo Tactical Discreet fanny pack when mountain biking or backpacking. It’s nothing special but looks a lot less tactical/I’ve got a gun in here than a lot of the other options out there. Unfortunately it seems to be discontinued now but maybe you can find someone who has them still in stock.

2 Likes

I have one made by Galco that fits a smaller size EDC. My Hellcat Pro fits perfectly. Also has a pocket for a spare magazine. Also has room for a spare magazine. Looks like a regular fanny pack, it also has a nice rip cord you can pull after yanking the zipper to get the pistol in an easy to grab situation.
Also has room for a music player and a hole for the earbuds, making it look like an ordinary pack.

4 Likes

Newest item on the market. I backed this project through Kickstarter back in August 2022. Been a fan of Kitanica products for many years.
Recently received my Kitanica Scorpion lumbar pack!
All their products are extremely durable, hence the reason I decided to back the project!

4 Likes

Signed up for my free digital copy. Thanks. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I have a Maxpedition proteus that I use on occasion. It’s tactical looking. I’m no longer convinced that matters. It wouldn’t really work for a pistol, but would hold the other EDC stuff. I usually carry it across my bag like a sling bag rather than a waist pack. Maxpedition makes an actual fanny pack made for carrying a gun. I think they call it the octa. I think Vertx makes something along the lines of what you are talking about as well.

3 Likes

ive always loved Massad Ayoob lol, his editions of the Gun Digest book of Combat Handgunnery is what got me into CCW.

my EDC bag is an Agilite AMAP pack, but they do fall into the “tactical” catagory. they are setup to run their 3a soft panels in them as well. might not be big enough for your purposes tho
Tactical Backpacks & Bags | Agilite

2 Likes

So the new backpack arrived yesterday. I settled on the Maxpedition Entity 35.

My initial impression is this: I want to carry too much stuff. No bag is going to solve that. Ultimately, I wanted to downsize from carrying two bags back and forth to work every day to only one bag. I think I need to pair down my gear and store some stuff in my office or in my vehicle (or both).

I bought the Entity 27 for my son. He had a particular application that the bag fit and it’s a great bag. So I bought the big brother. I was afraid the bag was going to be so big that it looked like a piece of luggage rather than a backpack. It’s not that bad, but it does look big. It’s not a backpack that I would carry on a day trip-it’s too big for that. But it should get my stuff back and forth to work. I think it would make a good grey man bug out bag. You could set it up as a 72 hour kit easily.

I don’t have it set up right yet or I would post more about that.

4 Likes