Back to School: Safety Changes?

Kids in some states go back to school as early as the first few weeks of August. After a tumultuous end to the last school year, many parents are looking forward to it.

With the unorthodox ending of last school year, has your school district added any new safety procedures?

2 Likes

Well we are still a good four weeks away. Masks are a requirement K to 12.

As for other safety, our local school district/city has removed funding for officers in the schools as of a few weeks ago. Even here in Montana, they really are trying to defund the police department. So far, SRO’s is about as far as they have been able to go.

1 Like

Hard to express this with words… For me last 4 weeks were like : :thinking: :zipper_mouth_face: :lying_face: :shushing_face: :mask: :face_with_thermometer: :face_with_head_bandage: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :scream: :confounded: :yawning_face: :tired_face: :weary: :triumph: :rage: :angry: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
What means:

• 4 weeks ago: back to school
  • 3 weeks ago: oh… perhaps few hours at school, few at home
  • 2 weeks ago: uhmm… looks mostly at home
  • 1 week ago: s&*t. We have no idea what to do…

Thanks God my younger son has only one semester (so 3 months) to Graduate… whatever happens, it doesn’t change anything. He will receive either Diploma with Rector’s handshake or email with PDF file … :kissing_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Home schooling and cancelled all athletics.

splitting students into half and each half goes every other day. all fridays are virtual.

In order to limit transitions, we will be on a double period schedule all year and there will be no homerooms. On days 1,3 and 5 students will have periods 1,2,5 and 6. On days 2,4 and 6 students will have periods 3,4,7 and 8. This is very similar to the double period schedules that we have had in past years. Students will eat lunch at the same time as their period 5 teacher on days 1,3 and 5 and at the same time as their period 7 teacher on days 2,4 and 6. Those teacher lunch schedules will be posted later on in the summer just as they have been in the past and I will send you the link to that information once it is released. As such, you will not see a “Lunch” period on your schedule.

Our school districts solution… :thinking: