At home, consumption of alcohol, then having to defend your family?

That is Matthew 7:1 and you have taken it out of context.

Thank you @Dave17 itā€™s all good and Iā€™m not taking it personal brother. :+1::+1:

6 Likes

As I stated, I am an Atheist, I donā€™t really care about the Bible, but the ideas in it are valid. How have I taken it out of context? You are judging him unfairly.

4 Likes

@Johnnyq60 is a good personā€¦ what have I said to judge him unfairly? I simply made the statement that the drunken officers pals will cover for himā€¦ Iā€™ve seen it. Just because his posts are thoughtful and good in no way means I cannot disagree with himā€¦ not judging, unless I donā€™t have the same freedoms as others on this site.

Now, at the risk of getting accused of more hate speechā€¦ I Matthew 7 Jesus is talking to people who should know better, pharisees, but are judging others who ARE DOING THE SAME THING:

3 ā€œWhy do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brotherā€™s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ā€˜Let me take the speck out of your eye,ā€™ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brotherā€™s eye.

6 ā€œDo not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

When you make your next complaint to the moderator, please inform her that I did not hi-jack the thread, I only responded to what I felt was an unjustified attack on me.

1 Like

You are absolutely correct @Danny28 in some police departments some officers do cover up for other officers doing wrong or bad deeds. I can speak for myself I retired without a blemish on my record in the 20 years I served. All officers are not the same though but yes you will get bad apples.

9 Likes

@Johnnyq60. Thanks for wearing the badge honorably, sir.

8 Likes

Brothers, pull it back together. We are all on the same team. I trained quite a few local, state and federal LE in counter-narcotics and officer survival in the Southwest region of the US @Danny28. They made a very positive impression on me. Even back in my day, they were earnest, hardworking and always under threat from the narco-traffickers. Things havenā€™t improved for them one bit. I imagine there are some screw-ups and yes people make mistakes. Same for our military troops and about any other professional out there. Thank you for sharing your knowledge on scripture. Sounds like @Dave17 has found some goodness in the Word. Canā€™t ask for a better start than that.

I didnā€™t mean to sound sanctimonious on my last post in this thread. I will sit down and drink a brew with any/all of you guys! My wife has got me refurbishing our home, one room at a time. Right now it is tiling the laundry-room. Laying tile for a newbie is a sober occupation. Back on topic, same for carrying a firearm at anytime.

6 Likes

Hang in there, brother. @Dawn has a hard job moderating our bunch. She is trying to make sure we all have an equal say. That we stay polite. You arenā€™t the only one that has had a post terminated. I get grumpy or too cynical sometimes and donā€™t realize how idiotic I sound until I review and adjust my post. And I do stray off-topic sometimesā€¦

4 Likes

@Alexander8 Happy One year anniversary. Nancy and mine is coming up to and we have nothing but good to say about USCCA and our Community. :+1:

5 Likes

Yes, we all believe in self-defense. We would not be here otherwise. You are correct, LEOs are not our friends - no oneā€™s friends. In every profession, they protect their own, no one else will. LEOs are often condemned, even when they did everything properly. I had a relative that was a LEO and the stories he told, good and bad; gave me a good picture of what they go through daily.

I have had negative experiences with police as a youth. And I have had issues with a couple of ā€œbadā€ officers, too. I also have known some ā€œgoodā€ ones as well. I donā€™t paint LE as bad because of my negative experiences with LE. In every profession there will be ā€œbadā€ ones, very few. I try to maintain a positive outlook and try to see the ā€œgoodā€, and strive for better, and donā€™t let the negative taint my well-being.

5 Likes

This thread has gone off-topic. Please focus your comments on the topic at hand.

Please review the Community Guidelines. Repeated bashing of any group of people or individual is not allowed in the Community. As responsibly armed Americans, we do not want to be judged by the actions of those who commit a crime with a gun simply because they had a gun and we own a gun.

Not all police officers are bad because of the actions of a few. Just like not all gun owners are bad because of the actions of a few.

These generalizations do nothing to help people learn how to best protect themselves and their loved ones.

Violations of the Community Guidelines will be addressed to ensure the Community stays a respectful environment for all.

7 Likes

Instead of spending money on the ultimate home defense weapon. Spend money on securing your house- cameras, alarms, light etc. If you do it right even if someone walks on your property you have devices to thwart the attack.

2 Likes

I fully agree with you. Personally, I never drink while I carry, which is to say my public consumption of alcohol is zero. Even at a friendā€™s house, the only way Iā€™d drink is if Iā€™m spending the night. At home, my alcohol consumption would never exceed one beer in a 24 hour period, or 2 glasses of spiked egg nog during the holidays. But yeah, itā€™s an individuals responsibility. Personally, I donā€™t think there should be laws governing alcoholic consumption and firearms. If an individual messes up though, throw them in jail and through away the key. Thatā€™s my stance on a lot of things. I donā€™t like forcing behavior, I like advising people on what is and is not a good idea. The self regulating will thrive, the othersā€¦ well, they wonā€™t get far in life. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

@Denny_Crane A bit optimistic what a camera or alarm will do. Still might have a long wait for the folks with the guns to show up. Layered security is a great idea. Gives the property owner evidence that a crime is being committed and prepares them for an intrusion. A small amount of time to inform the police. Most modern security systems depend on a very weak link - wireless communications. It is easy to scan for wireless connections and if detected, jam them. Food for thought if you place all your eggs in the same basket.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve said it before and Iā€™ll say it again. If I am home and had a few over the course of the evening and something goes down and I come out on top, when the first officer comes through the door I am going to take a good long pull off of a bottle of something so that they can see me do it. Then I will articulate as little as possible before I invoke my 5th and 6th Amendment rights and shut up.

Cheers,

Craig6

6 Likes

perhaps I should have mentioned locks for the doors and windows.

2 Likes

After getting replacement doors and windows, and seeing how easily the entire frame is removed, I donā€™t have much confidence in those items. Also most homes are wood-frame, and going through the wall is quite easily done with the right tools. Locks and walls only stop the law-abiding, and, at best, slow-down those that are not.

4 Likes

Agreed.

I have cameras around my home and if I saw an issue, the police would still be 20 minutes away- on a good night.

4 Likes

@Denny_Crane I applaud taking extra safety measures to protect yourself and family. Anything that will give you a better chance at a positive outcome. Please donā€™t put all your faith in a wireless home security system. Be prepared to defend yourself if you canā€™t extract yourself and loved ones from a bad situation. There simply may not be enough time. A good reason for remaining sober, staying firearm proficient and in good shape.

3 Likes

I think what you are saying is, Officer I was so upset AFTER I called 911 I just had to have a drink to settle my nerves.

7 Likes