Ask Amy: My daughter lives with me and owns a gun. Can I kick her out?

I suspect that goes far beyond a difference on gun rights.

I fell for ya though, I had serious problems with my sister too.

2 Likes

You are correct sir, the gun issue was that straw. :camel:

1 Like

Actually that’s an interesting point…I believe I was listening to the replay of Gun Talk radio and they were discussing the veracity of the column and whether the Columnist actually wrote the letter herself in order to be able to respond and make a statement on a National level.

2 Likes

Wait… she might have made it up?
I think I should be shocked, um… no, i guess I’m not. Wouldn’t be the first time a reporter did that.
Actually it is so over the top, bordering on hysteria, I wondered if it was fiction on the “father"s” part. Could be Amy just as easily I suppose.

1 Like

I strongly suspect she cooked the whole thing up simply to express her own ignorant and biased position on the “gun issue”.

3 Likes

I cannot imagine why the daughter would think that “Dumba$$ Father” doesn’t trust her. I mean, he doesn’t know what she is going to do. This is sad!

5 Likes

Great Nathan it could not have been said any better.

1 Like

If Mother and Father raised her properly and instilled a proper value system there should not ever have these thoughts in their minds and actually be proud of her for exerting the independence that they probably taught her to have. If this was all a fabrication by Amy Or a liberal news reporter it should be called out as such you know news media does not report the news anymore they’re only in it for the ratings that’s why I don’t value the news very much most news outlet so-called news outlets Most news nowadays is not news it’s opinions

4 Likes

If the father just found out in the past week, how long has the daughter had the pistol and just how did the father find out? I wonder what in his past has created this fear of guns in general? It sounds like there was a traumatic incident he was familiar with that colored his view. Just my humble opinion.

1 Like

what makes you think or come to the reasoning that she is a “likely” unsafe" gun owner??

2 Likes

I agree with you Nathan. There are so many things wrong with Amy’s post. I would like to see more information as to why Amy is taking this to an extreme in my opinion. With that being said I also wonder how she (if she isn’t a member of USCCA) how she came upon this community? Why or what reason does she have to feel she has to lock her door? Amy mentioned that there has been 2 break-ins in her neighborhood, what makes her think she couldn’t be number 3? I have so many other questions.

2 Likes

@Dale12, I don’t think that… Amy does. I’m guessing Amy thinks that of all gun owners.

Welcome to the group!

3 Likes

I strongly suspect “Amy” fabricated this story.

2 Likes

I looked and “Dear Amy” is a Dear Abbey local in Omaha. Almost like a miss manners. She’s entitled to her opinion even if it’s wrong.

2 Likes

True, but she’s not entitled to make up her own facts.

3 Likes

Should not make up her own facts but the press can and does fabricate much of what they report as facts, ie Russian collusion.

2 Likes

Like I said in another post, there are so many questions I have for Amy. Sounds to me like she is another anti-gun person which is very unfortunate, and/also very ill informed. Her post and wording left me with the questions I have. Also Amy left out so many details and was vague to say the least.

1 Like