Are You Ammo Picky 2022?

Depends on the caliber. Any rimfires .22 LR yes, .22 magnum yes! They are cheap enough to buy the best quality at a low price. Choose the highest velocity and heaviest bullet weight. 9 mm for practice/defense 124 grain or heavier FMJ’s. For Self Defense Liberty ammo 90 grain +p primarily. .380 Like Hydroshocks. .32 ACP Winchester silvertip. again though need to get a scuba suit to retrieve firearms resting on floor of lake after a tragic yachting accident.

1 Like

Like most I’m pickier now too. Especially since I won’t buy any more Russian made Ammo! I always liked Winchester White box or Remington Green but just bought 9mm at $0.31/rd online, 40S&W for $0.40/rd.

I need to start looking harder for better deals! I really liked SGA in the past, but their ammo is the same price as my local Academy.

1 Like

I recently found CCI Blazer 9mm Alu Case 115gr (PN: 3509) - 1000 rd for $298
Good factory ammo can be found these days with some patience.

2 Likes

Link(s)?

Reloads or steel?

1 Like

New brass

1 Like

No links?

1 Like

I’m not picky about brands. But, I tend to shoot only brass case ammo. My husband says it’s because I think it’s pretty. LOL Really, it’s because I pick up all my casings and take them to the metal recycling. I keep a 5 gal. bucket in the bed of my truck for the casings. It averages about $60 for a 3/4 full bucket. That’s enough for a couple of boxes of range ammo.
I also pick up empty shotgun shells at the outdoor range. I use them to make Christmas tree lights and wreaths for gifts to the guys we know.

6 Likes

I’d pay more than that. Are you close to Tennessee?

2 Likes

I reload and found out when I first started I didn’t put enough powder in the casing and had trouble with my pistol recycling . I t worked in a pistol with a shorter barrel witch was lighter but won’t work in my pistol with a heavier slide and barrel.

1 Like

Interesting. I had the opposite results. I had to up the charge for reliable cycling in my pistol with the shortest barrel. I was using a relatively slow powder though. Do you remember what powder you were using?

1 Like

Where can I find this?

1 Like

Recently these were available at LEX Ammo.

1 Like

Looks like it’s still available, actually. Solid.

Looks like for me it’d be $28 shipping…a little high for one case but still, noticeably less expensive than any other non-steel ammo I have seen for awhile…and I have no issues at all running aluminum case blazer it’s great range/training ammo in my experience. Thanks

CCI makes great and reliable ammunition.
I shot over 3k rounds of this ammo.
I really care about my Staccatos, but aluminum case is not my concern.
I love this target ammo because of the weight. Usually I carry around 400 rounds for classes and practice sessions and aluminum makes a huge difference. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes, I stick with Winchester Silver-Tips, it feeds properly and it is what is loaded into my gun when I carry.

My 5.56 reloads are loaded and I use a 69 grain BTJHP. I choose no other, it is what it is, and I like it! Very picky!

1 Like

Consistently Picky, I like that…

1 Like

I only use what I have reloaded. I don’t waste my ammo at the range.

1 Like

Sorry, I’ll get it for you