Any good advice?

"Be decisive! Make yer decision right or wrong Many of flat squirrels in this world couldn’t make up their mind either.
Cowboy Roy

5 Likes

“Sometimes ya gottah synch yer hat on tight and hold on for yer life but nunya worry, it’ll all be over soon.”
Cowboy Roy

2 Likes

“Good judgements come from experience, a lot of that comes from bad decisions!”
Cowboy Roy

4 Likes

The first advice I recall from my father was do not trust safeties as they can fail. Though that was likely after do not point a firearm at anyone, treat firearms as loaded until you can confirm their status, keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire, and know your target and what is beyond it - I can’t recall ever not knowing those things.

4 Likes

Not from Lincoln, but it bears resemblence to a Biblical quote:
Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

3 Likes

Exactly, it’s rooted in Proverbs 17:28. Good look. :innocent:

3 Likes

That is not wisdom, that is stupidity. We all make mistakes; it takes a man to admit his mistakes.

4 Likes

Actually I heard this for the first time during my fist job in USA… :stuck_out_tongue:
That was weird to me that time… but eventually I got it and found frequently used by many people…

For some it may be a stupidity, for some it is a style of life… Some call it their wisdom…

3 Likes

Yes, ignorant fools. I believe the fool meant to say “be confident” - far different, but an idiot would not know any better.

1 Like

That is what a mother tells her daughter! Women are never wrong!

5 Likes

“When you make a decision, be sure you made the right one. We live and die by the decisions we make”
" Son, be mindful of the words you choose. Once they have been said, you can’t take them back."
“Put that down. If you’re going to try to sneak a beer, it should at least be a good beer.”
“Don’t be afraid to tell someone to f*ck off. You can be the nicest person in the world, but all that’ll get you is taken advantage of.”
-my dad

“Keep in mind that a man’s just as good as his word.
It takes twice as long to build bridges you’ve burnt.
And there’s hurt you can cause time alone cannot heal.”
-Tyler Childers

2 Likes

One man’s trash is another man’s treasure. Same goes for “wisdom”. Just because it is unwise to you, doesn’t mean it isn’t to another. My dad was a lot of things, and mean was one of those. He always used to say “never say sorry. It means you’re a b**ch.” To him that was the way it was, but to me, it’s nonsense. I won’t apologize for something I didn’t do or when I don’t mean it, but that’s not for everyone either.

2 Likes

"Don’t correct a fool because he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will appreciate you!
Bruce Lee

10 Likes

There are a lot of new quotes I learned. Some of them are great…

• “A hit dog will holler”

some of them are reversed comparing to my original thinking… :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

• " Never apologize, it’s a sign of weakness"

We learn all the time… regardless the age… :no_mouth:

3 Likes

“fast is fine, but accuracy is final.”

• Wyatt Earp
7 Likes

Admitting fault is not the same as apologizing. I did not state to say that one is “sorry”, only admit it was wrong. If it was something one wanted to do, one is not likely to be “sorry” for doing it, but might be sorry about being caught.

One needs to be able to admit one’s faults to grow and become a better person. If you believe you are never wrong, you cannot see your faults and improve.

2 Likes

I always thought it meant to never do anything you are going to have to apologize for.

2 Likes

“One needs to be able to admit one’s faults to grow and become a better person. If you believe you are never wrong, you cannot see your faults and improve.”
Dave 17

4 Likes

“Never do anything you are going to have to apologize for”

Robert1246

:wink:

6 Likes

Better gear than good sense
A traveller cannot carry,
Better than riches for a wretched man,
Far from his own home,

Better gear than good sense
A more tedious burden than too much drink

Less good than belief would have it
Is mead for the sons of men:
A man knows less the more he drinks,
Becomes a befuddled fool,

Foolish is he who frets at night,
And lies awake to worry’
A weary man when morning comes,
He finds all as bad as before,

The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
While he sits by his hearth at home.
Quickly finds when questioned by others .
That he knows nothing at all.

The ignorant booby had best be silent
When he moves among other men,
No one will know what a nit-wit he is
Until he begins to talk;
No one knows less what a nit-wit he is
Than the man who talks too much.

To ask well, to answer rightly,
Are the marks of a wise man:
Men must speak of men’s deeds,
What happens may not be hidden.

3 Likes