Simple Sayings

Hey gang! I’m curious to hear if you have any ‘simple-sayings’ that you use.
Example being, when I first started my hunting career, my husband would say to me “aim small, miss small” everytime we’d go shooting (firearms or bows). This is something that has stuck with me and continue to repeat. Having my bow fully drawn ‘aim small, miss small.’ At the range aiming at a target ‘aim small, miss small.’
How about you? Something you tell yourself in training? Something you repeatedly tell others?

3 Likes

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch. :grin:

5 Likes

Well @Kelly, you’ve heard me say to you when you first started shooting and others, “you don’t have superhuman powers, you won’t break the gun, work that action like you mean it.”

3 Likes

@45IPAC :rofl: hahah! Nice!

2 Likes

Another that I say is a very opinionated statement about carry guns, “it’s not jewelry, it’s not there to be shown off.”

5 Likes

Classic never gets old

1 Like

Not sure if it qualifies as a saying but when I see people gently load or manipulate a firearm, I always tell them if you’re strong enough to hurt it you dont need it.

4 Likes

“See the target, see the sight”. It reminds me to first identify my target and the environment around it, but then focus on the front sight for good placement.

4 Likes

First rule of a gun fight, bring a gun.

2 Likes

Had a guy ask me “Why do you carry”? I responded, “Why dont you”?

2 Likes

@Kelly, I’m thinking you’re asking about mantras or things you say as self-coaching while you shoot?
I like “aim small miss small” (thank you Mel G in “Patriot”)
I use “breathe, focus, squeeeeeeeze” or “slow squeeeeze slow squeeeeze” if I find I’m anticipating the recoil.
For skeet or sporting clays, especially on the closer faster moving stations where you have to lead or follow through more, I use “breathe sweeeep throoooough”.
On holster draw to rapid fire I sometimes use “draw push focus focus focus”.