Another steaming load of good news from Springfield IL

Synopsis As Introduced
Amends the Illinois Insurance Code. Prohibits surplus line insurance producers from procuring and domestic surplus line insurers from insuring the risk of legal fees, costs, or expenses related to an investigation, indictment, or prosecution of any criminal charge arising out of the use of a firearm. Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Provides that an applicant for a Firearm Owner’s Identification Card or for renewal of that Card must submit to the Illinois State Police that he or she has proof of liability insurance coverage of at least $1,000,000 for accidental injuries caused by a firearm. Provides that the Illinois State Police may require annual proof of the person’s liability insurance coverage and may suspend a person’s Firearm Owner’s Identification Card for failure to maintain that coverage or for failure to provide the Illinois State Police with proof of that coverage. Provides that the proof of liability insurance coverage required under these provisions is required for both an initial application for a Firearm Owner’s Identification Card and for renewal of that Card.

4 Likes

You watch. They’ll pass this steaming pile, then ban groups like USCCA from providing coverage to its members. This is why we need a strong showing at IGOLD. And I don’t mean 8, or 10m or 30 thousand. I mean MILLIONS. There are 2.3 million FOID card holders in Illinois. If half show up, we could bring Springfield to a stand still.

5 Likes

So the Reich is saying insurance providers cannot sell insurance… but you have to prove to the SS that you have $1m of insurance? What did I not understand here? :thinking:

5 Likes

Penned by: Representative Jennifer Gong-Gershowitz (D)

That sure answered my question.

3 Likes

Here you go… another freshman. Maybe she wants to be a member of “The Squad”.
Make sure you flood her offices with calls.

2 Likes

This says it all. The school was renamed after Pritzker donated 100 million to the school. Now he’s governor, and she is looking for brownie points.

3 Likes

Knew she had to be from up north😏. Chicago and it’s environs are destroying the state I grew up in…

4 Likes

The way I am reading this is that it will not allow an insurer to provide a defense to criminal charges but requires insurance for civil liability which inherently requires both defending and indemnifying in any civil action.

1 Like

I think the first part does ban the USCCA from selling “insurance” to cover legal costs.

1 Like

So they are taking away your ability to win a case and at the same time making sure you have plenty of money to be sued for.

1 Like

Wow,thank you for that Info…I wasn’t aware.,I personally made a decision to always have insurance before I purchasing a firearm however, I am not comfortable with being forced to have it…they really seem to hate the law abiding firearm owner here in the land of Lincoln!!!

2 Likes

Just a wall around Crook county.

2 Likes

What is IGOLD? How and when to participate?

1 Like

Illinois
Gun
Owner
Lobby
Day
This year it’s April 1st.
Here’s the link.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, new to the USCCA community. I have not heard of this before, going to do everything I can to be there.

3 Likes

@AlphaKoncepts is another good one to ask. I believe he had a booth there last year.

1 Like

I’m coming in late…is she for us or against us??? I want to do my part in some way. Please keep me/us informed!!! thank you!

1 Like

She is against us.

1 Like

YOU HAVE TO VOTE THESE POLICY MAKERS OUT OF OFFICE. PERIOD! Otherwise we fail and civil disorder is not IF but WHEN?.

2 Likes