Ammunition shortage

Good evening Is everyone having trouble finding 5.7×28 ammunition? Or am I the only one? Just thought I would ask.

4 Likes

Shop by me had plenty just yesterday. Three or four different loads. Not cheap though.

2 Likes

I don’t ever remember it being easy to find… at least locally. My local shop had the weakest FN version before the recent issues a few months ago. Cabelas used to have the FN blue tipped HP’s but most of their handgun ammo has been gone for months. I might stop by both places in a few days and check.

2 Likes

I haven’t been able to find it here or cabelas, sportsman’s warehouse or midway. Brownells doesn’t have it. I will just try to keep looking for it.

1 Like

I bet you got that nice Ruger 57 but it’s been a roll of the dice here in VA it’s better to try online.

3 Likes

We are suffering the Walmart curse here. They move in, run everybody else off with super low prices for a year or two, then decide they won’t sell pistol or AR ammo any more. couple that with online shortages due to the virus, and suddenly I’m out casting bullets to make sure my practice sessions don’t leave me short of ammo. I was tempted by that Ruger 57 too, but there comes a point where i figured It was better to spend the time and money on staying proficient with what i have, but, it was tempting.

2 Likes

I haven’t been able to find the 57. When I do it is gone quickly. I am just looking for the ammunition now. Without ammunition just as well buy a big stick.

2 Likes

Ammo has been on short supply.

Yall, I’m ashamed to tell you guys what i been shooting…

2 Likes

Im having trouble finding any ammo

2 Likes

I shied away from having a 57 for just that reason. I NEVER shoot up the last 50 round i have, not even the last 50 i took to the range. Without ammunition all you have is a very expensive, single shot, brick.

2 Likes

Don’t be ashamed brother at least you are shooting and if I were there I’d be shooting what you are shooting with you… Have fun.

1 Like

Went to my local store and there was a line going outside… didn’t have time to wait and go in, but I might try some other time since it was just as people got off work.

Went to my local Cabela’s and most of the pistol ammo was gone, and no 5.7 that I could see.

3 Likes

That is the way it is here.

2 Likes