Ammo cabinet

Cardboard boxes. Brown recluse spiders.

2 Likes

KY has tons of black widows and brown recluse spiders. I don’t put my hand into any dark place since both like the dark to hide.

2 Likes

One of my kids bedroom once he moved out. The room is all gun related but I reinforced closet with fire resistant board and steel bolted door. This was rather than buy a safe. See some great great ideas here to keep moister out. Try this one The kitty litter blue beads sealed in Coffee filters . Works. Picked it up at Prepsteaders on You Tube

2 Likes

Is that an old tack room for horse stuff. Love it, can think ofall kinds of things to do with the space.

Very nice, I love the classic wood cabinet look.

2 Likes

Love the look of it. My ammo is kicked in my firearm closet which I have hardened and have a deadbolt on it to keep little hands out one thing I do is keep one of those plug in dehumidifiers that you recharge. Periodically by plugging into a wall outlet for about an hour or so. I use those rubber sealed ammo cans well labeled for the ammo itself as they stack well.

4 Likes

You should not put all your ammo in one place. Spread it around the house for easy access. What happens if you get raided?

1 Like

I have a simple philosophy about that. We sleep upstairs and the ammo is downstairs. I keep two fully loaded pistols next to the bed, 45ACP and 380. They can have whatever is downstairs since it can be replaced. Lord have mercy on their souls if they come upstairs.

2 Likes

I bought a safe to store ammo in. It doesn’t look as nice as yours

2 Likes

I have been using these Moisture Eliminators for quite sometime. They work great and they are cheap. Just change them out when the chemicals are gone and they are half full of water. Just don’t empty them in the garden or on the grass. You’ll have dead grass and flowers and a mad spouse. Ask me how I know.

3 Likes

:rofl: I already now. :rofl:

5 Likes

I’msure many have thought of this have done it already; going to get a cpl hooks to hang my two sets of ear protection and store them in the same spot. Seems like I lose them every other week.

2 Likes

Reminds me of the time I was going to do some finish work on some piece of furniture. While at the store looking at the small paint pans, I thought that’s an outrageous price for those. Then I thought about if I grab the wrong thing to use at home how mad the wife will be. I bought the over priced pans.

2 Likes

Hahaha, I said I wasn’t a very good carpenter. Well, saw a video of building a planter box to sell come spring. My first endeavor at making one turned out awful. I had to muscle the last side into place in order to put the screws in and once built I had two sides turned wrong. The inside was attached so that it was outside. Went and got more pallets to break apart for the next go.
Edit to add pic. The little noise maker is named Jack but I call himTurd.

4 Likes

A wall anchor might be a good idea. You can get ones with a brace for the top of the shelf or a strap that goes out of site behind the shelf. I put them on our tippy book shelves before our son learned to crawl and pull himself up on things but I have seen adults accidentally knock top heavy shelves over as well. I would consider the braces mandatory for anyone living in earthquake country.

4 Likes

Cool stuff!, Have you thought of insulating interior with fire resistant board :us:

1 Like

No I haven’t thought about doing it. Right now it’s loaded up tight with ammo and I need to expend some of it to make room. Thanks for the idea.

2 Likes

Cool deal a future deal possibly

1 Like

I looked online at the big box stores to see how much they wanted for one, over $100-$125 typically. Figure I’ll sell them for $50 and buy the AR-10 I’ve been wanting. See I made it gun related :innocent:

4 Likes

Just reorganized my storage. Deadbolt on the door and rechargeable fluorescent lighting with a dehumidifier also.

6 Likes