Alternatives to NRA

What alternatives are there to support, instead of the NRA?

1 Like

GOA, Firearms Policy Coalition, and your local state rifle association just to name a few.

4 Likes

Also add Jews For the Preservation for Gun Owners (JPFO), NAGR, The Second Amendment Foundation just to add a few more.

4 Likes

If you are a voting member of the NRA - by being a Life Member; or if you have 5+ years as a yearly member continue your NRA membership and work with Save the Second to change the NRA. Right now Save the Second has a petition push for force NRA board members to actually attend meetings.

6 Likes

At a minimum, join GOA (Gun Owners of America). Also, join your State ones too, if you have not already.

5 Likes

Thank you @BJP I have been looking for a way to seek to bring the NRA back to the good works it was known for when I first joined as a child in the mid-1960’s. It wasn’t until the late 2000’s when I remembered some of the things which helped guide me when I was younger and I paid my Life Membership over 10 years. I have seen the Association be guided away from its roots and then lose its way. I would now see it regain its feet and continue the hard work of helping every person know what the Second Amendment really means and safeguard it for generations to come.

4 Likes

GOA and my states Grass Roots organization are the two I’m a member of.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the State associations. Here in IL we have the IL State Rifle Association which does good work and provides legislation alerts that are valuable no matter what other Orgs you belong to. I have joined other Pro 2nd groups over the last few years but I still believe the NRA is worth belonging to.

2 Likes

CalGuns Foundation was doing a lot of good work in California when I was living there. I haven’t kept up with them, but they were very active in CA legislation efforts at the time

1 Like

None of which has even a fraction of the power of the NRA much less our history.

Like any organization the NRA has it’s issues but we are dealing with them.

La Pierre’s days I think are truly numbered. He is the primary person responsible for many if not most of our biggest problems and both the general membership and board are growing to realize it.

We have a lot of rising stars that I think are much more in line with the mission of the 21st century and the ability to attract whole new generations of young, passionate, educated, and energized members ready to take the fight well into the future and reshape the organization into one ready for the 21st and 22nd century challenges.

8 Likes

Still there but basically neutered due to the complete control dem’s have gained through fraudulently inflating the numbers with illegals.

In some districts they have over 125% voter participation vs legal residents and citizens.

If you look at the margins of victory they are smaller than the numbers of illegals and we know they are voting in large numbers.

1 Like

We have the TSRA of which I’m also a member and they are very active at the state level here particularly with carry rights.

3 Likes

One of the reason we left for MO. :unamused:

3 Likes

Even with all the problems that the NRA has at this time. They still have the biggest punch. We all need to pull together to defend our rights. Smaller groups to larger groups defend together

4 Likes

Gun owners of America I belong to both but GOA gets with the program in Washington and doesn’t waste membership money on boo coo mailers!

1 Like

I didn’t know about JPFO. Cool. Very.

2 Likes

Glad you’re here @David60.

1 Like
  • Firearms Policy Coalition
  • Gun Owners of America
  • National African American Gun Association
    :v:t5::+1:t5::+1:t5:
4 Likes

All complimentary organizations, not alternatives. We need to support all of those organizations we can that are working to protect our rights.

7 Likes

Absolutely!

2 Likes