After Action Review: doorway robbery caught on doorbell camera

This happened a couple days ago and was caught on a doorbell camera. Bad guy holds a gun to the victim’s head and robs him.

Watch the second video… it’s just the video of the robbery with sound… notice anything unusual?

The victim just complies, but if you see what I see, would it change what you would choose to do? Interested in y’alls thoughts on this.

2 Likes

First of all I’m very upset about this violent action. Second I didn’t notice anything too peculiar.
However, I would have thrown my wallet or money past the creep then unloaded eight rounds of 45acp into his empty skull. Drastic? So was the robbery! Deadly force was authorized!
I’m sorry my head is on a swivel constantly, it’s actually quite tiresome. I never enter my car or my home or leave work without a complete sweep of the area. These days I’m very concerned, I do perimeter sweeps around my house if there is a single sound, vehicle, dog bark out of place. I hope this doesn’t constitute paranoia, but when freaks steal your lawnmower from out of your garage while your taking a drink break, I feel I must be on guard 24/7.
I’m on the hunt as much as they are, don’t get me wrong, not looking for the fight, but I don’t want to be that guy that says,”he/she just came out of nowhere!” I or my wife will not be the unknowing victims of any crime.
So what did I miss in the video, I couldn’t slow it down and couldn’t frame by frame it.

5 Likes

I have a feeling I will be admonished for the unloading while the creep turns his back on me to retrieve the money he obviously needs more than me.
Absolutely no one is out there that is going to protect me at that very moment. Furthermore if our victim had no money and no way to protect himself, the chalk outline would be around his body.

4 Likes

Nice pistol w/light-laser combo. It would seem he has some training and is safety minded by keeping his finger off the trigger to prevent a negligent discharge.
Never draw on the drawn gun if you can help it. This happened very fast and the robber took the little money the guy had in his pocket and left so I think I would have left it at that.

3 Likes

I’m not sure about the actual video other than it looks like the victim made no effort to look around and check his surroundings, maybe he would have noticed a bad guy wearing a hoody.

What I did notice was when the woman inside the home made a statement to the press, she said her husband told her (I never tell my wife to check out a potential security threat) to go check the door as it basically sounds like someone tried to enter a door code and got an error and then started pounding on the door. Yeah right, I’m just going to go open the door when that happens in the middle of the night?!

2 Likes

I may agree with you. Still with a gun to your head you would not know if his finger was inside or outside the trigger guard. Good observation!

I still would have had no other recourse but to comply.
My wallet is in my left rear pocket for a reason, this allows me to draw my firearm with my free right hand.

Prevention, I never would have let this character get this close to me.

3 Likes

Because the law may have a problem with it. Once the threat has stopped, if you shoot. You may be prosecuted and that defeats the purpose of self protection.

That’s what I saw too… trigger discipline. He’s wanting to rob, not shoot. Don’t know if you could see that from the victim’s perspective.

Seems unusual to see that trigger discipline… not usually apparent in crime videos. I think if I’d seen that, as the victim, it might be slightly less scary because it looks like no-intent-to-kill to me.

Yes that. Not looking around.

Ditto on that

That sounds right to me.

2 Likes

Me too!

But he looked “doped” out for sure! Skit-zen like a “mofo” and more than eligible to make a false move resulting in accidental discharge (I say, accidental but in that crime of opportunity NOTHING is accidental anymore).

2 Likes

No matter how he got into the situation if the guy has a gun to your head you give him the cash. The fact that the victim didn’t speak to the robber makes me wonder if he is handicapped? It had to be very frightening and maybe I am reading too much into his moan response?

2 Likes

@Zee do I win the cookie? I like Macadamia Nut and White Chocolate. Yummm.

3 Likes

Ha! yes. Yes You Do. Look me up at the USCCA in KC in March - I"m buying :smiley:

2 Likes

yeah that was only about 4 miles from me

1 Like

no my buddy knows him his wife and daughter was on the other side of the door he was so worried about them he froze until he left that guy is getting certified as we speak

2 Likes

know you are right Greg his wife and child was on the other side of door he just froze my buddy is getting him his ccw this week

2 Likes

@Zee I got to see a larger video of it he was froze, the guy is acting like he is on meth or something his hand is not steady, and not are we only dealing with meth heads, we are also in the middle of gang territory and a lot of the break ins and car jackings are 12,13,14,and 15 year old kids passing there gang initiation

2 Likes

Very scary stuff

2 Likes

This is an issue that’s getting worse here in Tennessee. Whether drug or gang related, doesn’t matter. Why my head is always on a swivel the moment I pull into my driveway. Just because Cookeville is a town of 30000, doesn’t mean it won’t happen here.

3 Likes