Adding a stun gun to the collection...any tips and/or reviews?

Thinking about buying a stun gun as my next weapon, could be useful in certain situations when deadly force is not neccessarily needed, but the ability to stop someone in their tracks is.

2 Likes

There is a great chance someone would be on substances that are not even listed as drugs. These people are totally burned out and there is not any reason to live, All their senses are gone, There is not a heart or mind to hold onto right or wrong, no peace, joy, or memories of family, and they are truly the walking dead. Do you desire to face someone at any degree of that total HELL with a electronic stun gun. ? Good choice to have tools that do work that will not kill or destroy human life. The greatest tool is the ability to think it through and making the correct decisions. Your brain, training, ability to run away or call for HELP.

3 Likes

Being told to use whatever your local LEO use… I will go with Taser.
However X26 is very expensive, so Taser Pulse seems to be good choice.
Good thinking @Ben_Blanc… Some situations don’t give “mental permission” to kill.

2 Likes

and as a law enforcement tool pulses for 5 seconds per trigger pull. The civilian model has the same pulse wave modulation and amplitude but runs for 30 seconds to allow the civilian to place the taser on the ground, back away to a safer distance and then turn and run to safety. If you’re not law enforcement there is little advantage at all to the more expensive law enforcement models.

5 Likes

You may want to confirm this, but I have always seen that there is ~50% success rate with a taser-style that shoots the prongs out into the attacker. You have to be a certain distance to get sufficient spread between the prongs, they can hang up clothing, they might fall/swat at the lines and detach them, and then of course theres the small percentage of people that fight thru it (drugs, crazy, or they’ve been tazed often enough).

The contact stun guns have a higher percentage of success but obvsly you need to be within arms length to use it.

I say that not to dissuade you from using it. But to be aware of the limitations so you can account for them in any plan you might have for using it.

3 Likes

@Harvey, you are right.
And that’s why I prefer OC spray.
Pepper gel blaster seems to be better idea than Taser.

3 Likes

I carry a Taser and Kimber Pepper Spray. Love the design of the Kimber. It is ambidextrous and easy to aim. Expensive but a great piece of engineering.
Plus, you can carry these in places that don’t allow most other weapons. Not always the best choice. At least it gives you an option in a bad situation.
Plus if you are attempting to leave a movie theater or other Mass Killer protection zone, it may be the only thing to save your life in a Live Shooter Situation to save your life.
In situations that make using a weapon problematic, it makes for various things like getting someone off a person being beaten to death or badly assaulted possible without physical contact. If you then have to actually use deadly force, then you can really make the case. Are you in a situation with a lot of other people around?
Like any kind of weapon. It has it uses. It has drawbacks. You just need to learn to use them in the best manner possible. Training in the use of these tools is essential.

2 Likes

Are pain application only. In choosing these you’ll want to find large capacity of charge rating. It’s literally how much instant current at a stepped up voltage that causes pain distracting the attacker.