Accidental Discharge

08/05/23 - Woman at the Brandon Mall in Florida injured herself while reaching into her purse searching for something. Her firearm discharged.
A truth towards Training can help a person know - How, When, Where, Why and any other reason you can think of.
Yep, I bet a holster that was made for the firearm and the carring place & position it is made for could have helped.

"Update: The woman was not injured, round went into a showcase. The woman is being searched for because she ran from the scene.
Iā€™ve learn something here, never take the first news report as actual information.

17 Likes

Reminds me of the Cop in the elevator that was trying to figure out which pocket to put his Glock in and shot himself in the side. :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Remindes me of the atf agent who shot himself in a classroomā€¦people who shouldnā€™t have firearm access

10 Likes

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DvfONckOPyaI&ved=2ahUKEwiF3NCs38aAAxVPIzQIHSA-AngQwqsBegQIEBAB&usg=AOvVaw3W3wshMfYKVXE0GUTr3_FA

1 Like

Agree with you guys.

With proper training and holster this mistake could have been avoided.

But coulda, shoulda, woulda is all we can imagine this lady is thinking .

5 Likes

Bad sā€” Happens wen you least expect it

7 Likes

If you throw a handgun in a bag with a bunch of other junk you should be expecting bad things to happen every time you reach into it. Especially if the handgun isnā€™t in a really good holster.

11 Likes

Hey Shamrock,
Remember the Idiot Fed (is that an Oxy-Moronā€¦or just a Moron? Hmmm?)
Sorry, i digress again, as usual.
He was ā€˜dancingā€™ (if you could call it that) out on the floor and dumbsh-- did a back flip,
Gun falls out hits the Hardwood and goes off! I donā€™t believe it hit anybody, but scared the
piss out of party goerā€™sā€¦
And these brain-trusts want to take away OUR Guns ?
The world is a truly weird place !

6 Likes
9 Likes

John Travolta has NOTHING to worry about!

4 Likes
6 Likes

You are just too damn fast brother!

4 Likes

Just ā€˜stayin aliveā€™ :rofl:

7 Likes

Two thoughts: That gun didnā€™t go off until the idiot picked it up incorrectly and hit the trigger. When non gun owners hear that phrase ā€œthe gun just went offā€ it adds to fear of the unknown.

The woman who screwed up with a gun loose in her purse, well, duh. I have one carry purse I rarely use but it does has a specific compartment, a holster and the velcro holster does stay in place when you draw. But I prefer on body carry 100%.

Thanks @William377 for the topic!

18 Likes

That clip never gets old. Iā€™m the only one in room professional enough. :joy: :joy:

8 Likes

Wow Wandaā€¦okā€¦ my badddddddddddd
The gun fired after he tried to pick it up triggering the AD!
Jeez canā€™t even make a joke here anymore without the
correction Police hovering over every word

Mea Culpa.
I was just trying for a funny.
Iā€™ll be over in the corner w/ my ā€˜Dunceā€™ hat on.

3 Likes

I do a pretty aggressive upside down shake test on my carry holsters to make sure the retention is set tight enough. I donā€™t think I was ever capable of a back flip even in my younger days so I wont be trying the backflip retention test any time soon.

To you FBI agents out there, when doing the apparently FBI approved backflip retention test I highly recommend doing it with an unloaded pistol and not in a public settingšŸ«¤

7 Likes

One subject that we seem to be ignoring here:

Makes me wonder, what would you do?
Devils Advocate, Nobody injure, nobody know who you are.
They certainly have multiple videos of her and probably her car?

Me, Iā€™d stay and face the music but Iā€™m sure many people would run away.

3 Likes

@Don102 I was responding to the thread as a whole, not you! In general what I meant was the public uses phrases like the gun went off but as we know, that is untrue. Sorry if it came across to you in the wrong way. No harm intended.

3 Likes

Actually, he fired the gun when he picked it up, and shot a guy in the leg.

5 Likes