“abolish the atf act” bill introduced by rep. matt gaetz

With Democrats controlling both the Senate and the White House, it’s pretty unlikely that this bill will actually get passed into law.

3 Likes

Sadly, I think you are being wildly over optimistic with that statement.

4 Likes

Win the lottery or abolish the ATF?:thinking:

4 Likes

I’m good. Abolish the ATF. It will save us all far more…

7 Likes

Oh, yeah. A Congress that can’t balance a budget or pick a Speaker is gonna abolish the ATF (and the EPA and the IRS). Just more grandstanding to get you to open your wallet and donate to an empty suit’s campaign.

2 Likes

They who ever they are are trying to make it emotional because if we get emotional we loose site of our rational thinking. If that makes sense. Haven’t had my coffee yet.

1 Like

All I can say is watch the vote in The House and Senate. See who supports it and who didn’t. Asking the Government to give up any of their power broker departments is Ludacris, they won’t give up the power mongering departments.

3 Likes

It’s not your fault. I couldn’t spell it, either.

6 Likes

I wondered if I got that right :blush:

4 Likes

Unfortunately I think there will likely be more than a few that will vote for it because they know it will never be signed into law. They get to up their 2A cred without actually interfering with the corrupt bureaucracy.

5 Likes

If you really look at some of the agencies that our government has. And if you look at and know what the U.S. Constitution says the Federal Government has a lot of agencies that are not in the Constitution. And some of the just to name a few are Dept of Education, the EPA, the IRS, and of course the ATF just to name a few. None of them are mentioned in the Constitution. I know this because I’ve been taking classes on the Constitution And what is in it and not in it.

5 Likes

Yes, there are almost no agencies specifically named in the Constitution (unless you count the Army, Navy, Post Office, etc.). They aren’t named because they didn’t exist. But the Constitution makes a path for the creation of future organizations / departments / bureaucracies / agencies to be created. The President has the power to appoint “other public Ministers and Consuls … and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law” with the “Advice and Consent of the Senate.”

I don’t think the framers ever envisioned such a huge federal government that reached into every aspect of our lives, but neither can we argue that an agency shouldn’t exist because they aren’t specifically named in the Constitution.

2 Likes

I think “Shall not be infringed” says something about organizations and methods the Federal Government could use to control firearms.

4 Likes

remember HISTORY that way back when all who served the House and senate were not paid,would be nice if it came back,and just pay their living expenses

1 Like

Mega Millions jackpot has better odds

3 Likes

yep and now we went from a modest pay to them being able to vote for their own pay raises :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

When was that?

1 Like

That was after they won the revelution and they met and i beleive they wrote the constitution against the British and then they I beleive they formed the Committee of Safety and all States had a Committee of Safety for all Stated and the States voted them to serve in the House and Senate and the Pay came later,the Founder died in Poverty

Yep and their wage keeps going up and the Bribes and the thing is they dont have to vote for it they get the raise,and they can claim they did not vote for it and they got it automatically

1 Like

That was actually the first amendment, but it was not ratified back then, but it became the 27th.

1 Like