A Maryland school official called the police on an 11-year-old boy after the teacher reportedly saw a BB gun in the child's room during virtual instruction

An item of interest for those of us who have kids doing distance learning.

5 Likes

Ridicu!ous! Can anyone say “warrant”?

4 Likes

Good thing it wasn’t a scyth. That would just be looney tunes scarey.

8 Likes

Unless the kid lives in wheat country :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You mean a sickle? And a hammer.
That teacher would have nominated the kid for student of the year.

School principal is an idiot, cant expect him to maintain proper standards for his faculty. Cant expect him to keep the school safe, with this understanding of what is danger and what is not.

5 Likes

And the fact that the teacher is taking screen shots of kids bedrooms is a little perverse in itself.
BB guns are not illegal. Even the commies at Walmart still sell them. And nerf guns too! But they will probably fold to the “flavor of the day” politics as well soon.
I would sue the teacher and school system.

7 Likes

So let me make sure I have the facts straight: The teacher is doing VIRTUAL instruction with the student AT THEIR HOUSE on the computer and sees a BB gun AT THEIR HOUSE. What business is that of the teacher what the student has AT THEIR HOUSE while doing school instruction?

8 Likes

The school’s principal complained that the child having a BB gun in his room was like bringing a gun to school.

The principal is a buffoon if he really believes virtual learning gives him jurisdiction into our homes. Read the Bill of Rights.

Two more takeaways. It was the school resource officer who called the police. He and and the responding officer both need remedial training in the 4th Amendment. Either of them should have recognized this intrusion and stopped this before they got to the house.

Finally, the school says they refuse to discuss this on social media. Dang right, because they’ll lose. They will also lose in court, which is where this should go. Schools need to know their limits.

6 Likes

That is a great logical question. However it should be obvious now that the the country does NOT operate on logic anymore. I think we here are on an island.

5 Likes

After sleeping on it I think this might actually be an opportunity to embrace the crazy. You can create virtual backgrounds for virtual meetings! Naturally a prize will be offered for the background that generates the most calls to the police from the principal.

7 Likes

When Joe Biden did his latest “steal the election” speech from his bunker, I thought I saw a copy of the Art of War on the bookshelf behind him. Why wasn’t S.W.A.T. called in?

4 Likes

In Biden’s case they need a virtual foreground instead of a background :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If we can’t laugh we’re going to cry, that’s awesome :grinning:

4 Likes

Drop your thoughts below

2 Likes

Stuff like this just makes you want to throw up your hands and give up.
If I expressed what I really feel, well you’ve seen some of my posts, I’d be flogged and made to walk the plank.
Remember bad guy wins good guy looses.
When teachers expose themselves like that, isn’t that a felony?

When Joe Biden did his latest “steal the election” speech from his bunker, I thought I saw a copy of the Art of War on the bookshelf behind him. Why wasn’t S.W.A.T. called in?

6 Likes

I think this is the same story:

3 Likes

Teacher, principal, and police all need to serve detention.

3 Likes

Teacher calling police on a family is not that bad. Being an educator or a doctor does not guarantee they are not friends with criminals or junkies. Remote learning, or remote work meeting, or tele-medicine may show valuables or security setup inside your house to some very wrong people. Get a little more paranoid, and mind your privacy is the lesson here.

3 Likes

Good point, but calling the police on that situation was totally uncalled for. Are we in a free for all now and anything goes. Seeing it in someone’s home is not the same as bringing it to school. If that’s how far we’re taking it, then the mayor of Seattle is guilty of treason, aiding and abetting. I don’t see cops going to her home, oh that’s right there are no cops to do their jobs in Seattle. My bad!

4 Likes

I don’t argue it was uncalled for. I am just pointing out that doxxing, SWATting, or burglary is an inherent danger in showing strangers see inside your home.

5 Likes