A little goes a long way

I’m not usually one to ask for help even in the hardest of situations. I have always been a problem solver and been the “rock” of our family. My wife and I have always been very independent, as are our children. That being said:

On Monday, July 20th at 3 AM my wife, Missy suffered a major stroke. She is only 43, and the previous day and evening were exactly as normal. We got home from my parents’ place in MT, ate dinner, and watched a movie before bed.

She lost all use of her right arm and leg and lost most of her ability to talk. The doctors say that even though she has been making some improvements, the chances of regaining use of her limbs is very slim. Her speech has improved a little but is still going to be a long hard recovery. I am going to have to make some major changes in our lives in order to help her recover and retain some quality of life.

I started a Gofundme page for her. Missy is my whole world and is the reason I am swallowing my pride and asking for a little help. I know it has been a tough year for all of us, but if anyone has the means to help even a little, it doesn’t go without great appreciation. Everything raised will go into a Medical account dedicated to her care and any changes made to make living at home a bit easier for her.

If you can, please see her fundraiser at:

If you can’t donate, please share it on facebook or any other social media you may have.

Thank you
Shawn Sousley

5 Likes

Hey brother I just wanted to say I am sorry for what happened and me and my wife will be praying for you and for peace beyond all understanding and for supernatural healing above all. If you believe in Christ you also believe he once laid hands on thousands who were sick, cripple and even dead and healed them. Keep the faith brother. I will donate and also we have a lot of Christian prayer warriors in this family who will pray and do the same.

5 Likes

Thats very much appreciated! Thank you!

3 Likes

@Shawn17. Stay positive. I’ve added few $. Now we pray and you keep the faith :fist_right: :facepunch: :fist_left:

3 Likes

My prayers go out to you - count me in

4 Likes

Peace be with you my friend. Prayers for your family and a small donation.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone! It really means a lot to me.

3 Likes

Prayers are with you and your family @Shawn17.

3 Likes

I have you all in my prayers! God bless!

2 Likes

My email signature line was stolen from someone else and it’s been an encouragement to me. It reads,

“Everything is always okay in the end; if it’s not, then it’s not the end.”

Keep the faith, brother. Praying for you and your wife in Jesus’ name. :pray:t3:

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Bump…

Bump…