A Born Protector?

We learn. We train. We carry so that we can protect ourselves and our loved ones. Some people are born protectors, while others grow into the lifestyle.

The new USCCA apparel features T-shirts for people from every walk of life who want to protect themselves and their families.

Facebook_Link_Faith_Family_Freedom_07-16-2020

You can find this shirt and others in the USCCA Store.

Do you consider yourself a born protector or are you still navigating the lifestyle?

8 Likes

I’m going to say both. I was born innocent, fearless, wise ass, and wisdom less. As soon as I had children, I now had something very precious to protect. Since then I have always been navigating my lifestyle choice. I’ve embraced my lifestyle and passed it onto my grandkids, friends and international friends, those who have never touched an AR or a firearm in their life. That’s a joy. I was born to navigate life.
PS that’s a shirt that can be worn in public. If anyone is against any of those virtues, well I’ll reserve comment.

8 Likes

I’ve carried a long time so the lifestyle is ingrained now. I believe the ladies are the natural born protectors. Really like the t-shirts and will be making a purchase soon. Probably the “Don’t tread on me” and and maybe the USCCA polo.

4 Likes

I believe i was born with a natural tendency to serve, as with everything in life as i grow and learn my convictions and morals grow as well. Anyone can be a protector some just need more education to push them in that direction than someone born with the fire already burning. Nothing against either path as everyone has a different path

6 Likes

I would say born protector as i was the only male in the house with 4 females i always felt it was my job to keep them safe even the older one

6 Likes

I don’t know…I’d like to think I was born a protector, but I’ve never really thought about it. I think born to protect or growing into a protector is decided by how you act when it’s time to act.

4 Likes

Born protector. Just added carrying a firearm to the tools I had at my disposal.

6 Likes

I have been a born protector for life, my career in LE, as security in Universities and colleges, as a security coordinator on my church safety team and still performing security work.

6 Likes

I was pretty much born this way. When I got big enough to defend myself I stuck up for the nerds and skinny kids in school, I was also a loner and had a warped sense of humor so nobody was real sure about me. When I was in Hospital Corps School I had as a class leader a flaming peacenick who loudly proclaimed that Corpsmen were non combatants and that healing was the sole purpose in our lives and guns had no place in our world when someone asked about getting rifle and pistol ribbons. Me being me and coming off a fast attack submarine that actually hunted Russian boats back in the 80’s I mumbled something under my breath just a bit too loud and she called me on it, in front of the whole class with some senior staff in observance.

I came to attention to address the question which was the custom.

Petty Officer XXXXXX,
THE reason why Corpsmen need to learn to shoot is that,
All SEAL’s and most Marines and Sailors are crazy.
That makes them all my patients.
I prefer to protect my patients BEFORE they become casualties.

Needless to say the Petty Officer and I never got along after that but the Chief who was the Senior Class Leader was an old FMF (Fleet Marine Force) Corpsman from Vietnam/Beirut loved it. I got lucky and got ANOTHER lesson in watching my mouth which of course I promptly forgot until the next time I had to learn to watch my mouth.

Cheers,

Craig6

7 Likes

According to definition (1) I’d say I navigate life.
I’m not born protector. But I’ve been the fighter and Family protector since I’ve become the Husband and Father.

(1)
10 WAYS TO NAVIGATE LIFE SUCCESSFULLY
- NEVER GOSSIP
- DON’T TAKE THINGS PERSONALLY
- REJECT CONFORMITY – BE TRUE TO YOURSELF
- MAINTAIN A SENSE OF HUMOUR
- NEVER CATASTROPHISE
- BE PRESENT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE
- STOP COMPARING
- DISTINGUISH THOUGHTS FROM FACTS
- DEVELOP A STRONG INNER CORE/FOUNDATION
- CREATE GOALS/STRIVE FOR MEANING AND PURPOSE

6 Likes

Born. I’m a fiercely loyal guy. To my Savior. To my wife and family. To my employer. Carrying simply gives me another option to protect those I’m loyal to. And a really fun hobby to boot …

4 Likes

I am a born protector. That said, I consider myself like a good bird dog. The natural tendencies are there but still need the occasional tune-up and pro to encourage the good behaviors and discourage the bad habits.

I have had my CPL since I was 21, but (I turn 40 this year at the end of October) but have shot since I was 5 hunted since I was 12.

2 Likes

I considered myself a wolf in waiting who had a sobering “come to Jesus” moment about whether I was going to protect his flock or die as a wolf. The love of the right woman and a good therapist helped me make the right decisions.

5 Likes

@Zavier_D Hallelujah and Amen to that brother, GOD IS GOOD.

4 Likes

Born. No doubt! My whole life it has been my natural instinct to protect my loved ones and the innocent. It has not been easy though. I did not understand why I had the that kind of mind set and thinking patterns (especially as a kid and teen) While a few family members understood me most just told me I was wrong and treated me like I was worthless and less then human. Thus I went for about the first 13-14 years of life believing I had no worth, talent or purpose. Thank God that the few people who did love and understand me took root and things slowly start coming together (that I could see) looking back though my overall purpose has been in the making from before I was born.

2 Likes

I started out as a survivalist. Having two big brothers and having to deal with them made me a survivalist. Later in life I wanted to be a police officer so that I could help people. I joined the Marine Corps to get experience to get into Law Enforcement. so, I would say that the protector was built up over time with life experiences.

4 Likes

Protector of my family, my friends, and myself. FWIW: If you are one of those people who think that it’s your role to protect everyone around you just because your armed take it from me, now that I’m older and wiser, I’ve learned that you better be sure of the situation before involving yourself. I will give you an example; taught to never hit a woman, I involved myself in a confrontation where a man full on punched a lady square in the face, breaking her nose and knocking her square on her ass. He bent over and grabbed her to hit her again and I decked the guy. You would think that you would get a bit of gratitude from the victim instead I ended up with her on my back beating me about the head and shoulders for beating up her boyfriend. No weapons involved but goes too show your assumption of helping may not be reality. Shoot the aggressor of a stranger to only to find out she is staunchly against gun rights and you find you just brought all the pain of defending yourself because you defended someone you didn’t know when you should’ve walked away. Be sure of a situation before involving yourself in a volatile situation.

4 Likes

I’ve always been a protector. It’s built in. I get filled with a sense of duty to help others, whether it be from physical harm or physical abuse. A protector does not always mean by means of violence or from violence. It can simply be doing the right thing.

We all need to be kind, respectful, helpful, and inspire others to do the same.

3 Likes