Just a thought. :thinking:

New York Post
New York Post
](https://nypost.com/)

Follow

60,000 pounds of explosive chemical ammonium nitrate lost in shipping: report

Story by Kathianne Boniello • 2h ago

[image]

About 60,000 pounds of an explosive chemical disappeared from a rail car last month as it was being shipped through the western US, according to reports.

Explosives company Dyno Nobel reported the vanishing ammonium nitrate — the main ingredient in Timothy McVeigh’s 1995 bombing in Oklahoma City — to the federal National Response Center on May 10, KQED reported.

The chemical, which can also be used as a fertilizer, was put on a rail car that departed Cheyenne, Wyo., on April 12, headed for California, and the rail car was found empty two weeks later during a stop in the Mojave Desert, the outlet said.

Four separate investigations have since been launched.

The company was shipping the ammonium nitrate in pellet form and believes it may have begun falling out of the rail car at some point during the trip, a Dyno Nobel spokesman told KQED.

60,000 tons of explosive chemical ammonium nitrate lost in shipping: report

60,000 pounds of explosive chemical ammonium nitrate lost in shipping: report© Provided by New York Post

Ammonium nitrate was the main ingredient in Timothy McVeigh’s 1995 bombing in Oklahoma City. AP

“The railcar was sealed when it left the Cheyenne facility, and the seals were still intact when it arrived in Saltdale [Calif.]. The initial assessment is that a leak through the bottom gate on the railcar may have developed in transit,” the spokesperson told the station.

Dyno Nobel did not immediately return The Post’s request for comment.

5 Likes

Sounds like someone is planning on a re-election party!

5 Likes

A small but important point. You can’t put 60,000 Tons in a single rail car. To get to 60,000 Tons you are talking about an entire unit train. 300 cars or so…

8 Likes

False flag operation?

5 Likes

Probably meant 60,000 LBS. 30 tons is pretty common train car load.

8 Likes

So explain please. Stated pellets so in bags or a basket. Stacked or single rows. Some kind of hopper? It does seem to be quite a sum

3 Likes

Probably a bulk car, we load them in 60,000-63,000# range. The last project I personally did (2019), construction manager, we built a facility that would load 2 rows of 4 cars at a time with Urea.
I read in another article that they thought maybe one of the gates leaked allowing product to drain out. They’ll know pretty soon, that stuff is a good fertilizer so the weeds are going to grow real well along the tracks where the leakage occurred.

12 Likes

Not believable

4 Likes

From Breitbart.

A railcar loaded with 30 tons of the chemical left Cheyenne, Wyoming, on April 12. The car was found to be empty after it arrived two weeks later at a rail stop in the Mojave Desert, according to a short incident report from the explosives firm that made the shipment.

The company, Dyno Nobel, made the report May 10 to the federal National Response Center, or NRC. The report also appeared last week in an NRC database of California incidents managed by the state office of Emergency Services last Wednesday.

Dyno Nobel says it believes the material — transported in pellet form in a covered hopper car similar to those used to ship coal — fell from the car on the way to a rail siding called Saltdale, about 30 miles from the town of Mojave in eastern Kern County.

4 Likes

Could be a way for the government to shut down small farms. Cant grow if you dont have that stuff. ADM can get all they want. John Kerry said he wants to take over small farms as a way to limit greenhouse gases. And after he said that he hopped on his private jet which, apparently, doesnt emit carbon.

6 Likes

If it were going to ADM I’d agree, they were probably making fertilizer out of it but going to Dyno Noble makes me pretty sure it was going to be used for explosives.

3 Likes

We’ve seen the gates leak but honestly in my 30 years in bulk material handling engineering and construction I’ve never seen a car “leak” an entire 30 ton load in transit.

8 Likes

Rest assured, current transportation secretary, Alfred E Neuman, will buy the leak story.

8 Likes

The story I read said that the locks and seals were all in place on the car. Makes the leak story a plausible possibility. Especially given the ever decreasing quality of our infrastructure and labor force.

Guess a good question would be if the train was parked anywhere long enough for thieves to offload it all or was it just slowly leaking while I traveled along?

4 Likes

eh, cargo tags and seals really arnt that hard to come by to the correct people. and to put the amount into perspective, the OKC bombing was only about a ton of AN. the Beirut Lebanon explosion that wiped out most of the port was 2750 tons. most agricultural centers used to stock AN for tobaccoo topdressing and its not uncommon for said centers to keep a tractor trailer load or so on hand during the growing season. 20-25 tons isnt an uncommon ammount

5 Likes

yeah, if it was going to Dyno Noble it was likely slated to become industrial ANFO for mining purposes

3 Likes

:thinking: Hmmm… :thinking:

3 Likes

As long as it goes to a certain house in Delaware and the rezident is IN…I’m cool with that.

Anonymous Don😎

1 Like

I could see maybe losing 50% of the load to a leak. But after you get the weight of the lost 50% off the rest of the load, and the height of the remaining chemical is cut in half, then the leak would greatly slow based on the loss of head. Then there would be the chemical at the opposite end of the car which would have a really tough time travelling the length of the car to be leaked out. If it was completely empty I would be looking for something other than a leak!

4 Likes

Exactly why I posted the article. It can be used in the making of drugs and bombs. :eye:
I changed the weight reference to show pounds. Thanks’ for catching that Mike. :+1:

3 Likes