23 die in Norway after receiving Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine

That’s why I am not an early adopter of anything, tech, medication, cars, or anything else.

4 Likes

23 nursing home residents in Norway died over the course of a few days. They happened to have the vaccine.

Like many COVID stories, there’s no context to this. How many Norwegian nursing home residents die on a normal day? If they can’t tell me that, then I have no point of reference.

3 Likes

In Norway, an average of 400 people die each week in nursing homes and long-term care facilities.

The reports suggest that common adverse reactions to mRNA vaccines, such as fever and nausea, may have contributed to a fatal outcome in some frail patients, says Sigurd Hortemo, chief physician at the Norwegian Medicines Agency.

All deaths that occur within the first few days of vaccination are carefully assessed. We cannot rule out that adverse reactions to the vaccine occurring within the first days following vaccination (such as fever and nausea) may contribute to more serious course and fatal outcome in patients with severe underlying disease.

What is not stated in the news story nor the report is how many were given that vaccine in nursing homes.
So, those most at risk of death are more at risk when taking the vaccine that is supposed to prevent their death.

4 Likes

Thanks, that helps.
Honestly, I could see how side effects from the vaccine could contribute to someone’s death, if that person was already in dire health. Maybe if insomnia or a sore stomach are capable of killing someone, we shouldn’t vaccinate them right now. But if that someone doesn’t get the vaccine and dies next week anyway, it’s going to get recorded as a COVID death, so statistics are against us, either way.

For now, this article appears to be another misleading headline that peddles fear in order to sell ads. Par for the course, these days.

1 Like

As @Dave17 notes, those most at risk are most at risk when getting any kind of vaccination as the vaccine actually “infects” you and if you are on the edge already the results may not be in your favor. There is a huge disparity in the numbers the media reports relating to COVID deaths. There are those that died WITH COVID and those that died FROM COVID. Those that died FROM COVID are about 6% of the total number. I think Freddie Gray was the ONLY American NOT to die from COVID even though he had COVID and for those of you living under a rock he died in the ER from a Fentanyl overdose not by having a knee across his shoulders.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

The issue with the vaccine is that about 77% have reactions to the vaccine, per the CDC. As I stated, it did not state how many in nursing homes, or how many in nursing homes that are “frail” got the vaccine. We only know how many died based on the report. The report also states that only 13 of the 23 were confirmed as vaccination-related.

Among all vaccine recipients asked to complete diaries of their symptoms during the 7 days after vaccination, 77.4% reported at least one systemic reaction.

1 Like

As it was explained to me by the folks with the vaccine, the reactions are a positive sign that the body is building up immunity. If you have no reaction at all, then your body probably isn’t reacting to the vaccine. The reactions can vary widely, though. Many people who receive the vaccine experience symptoms over the course of a day after receiving the 2nd dose, and then they’re fine.

1 Like

I posted the link to the information on the CDC site. Rather than post speculation, read the CDC information - why I posted the link.

I’m not posting speculations.

Well, I’ll say this, i REFUSE any vaccine. According to the MSM I should be dead as I have 2 illnesses that lower my immune system. I refuse to wear a mask and good luck divisor distancing.

I strongly believe that this has been blown way out of proportion. In the immortal words of Hommie D Clown, “i don’t think so, Hommie don’t play that” and crap i just showed my age… lol

2 Likes

I’ll see your 2 underlying conditions and raise you a third and a senior citizen. The darned virus scares me. Don’t consider myself frail as all of my conditions are well controlled. I think my chances are better being vaccinated than not. If it were just me I wouldn’t worry, but my family needs me.

3 Likes

I’m not am anti vaxxer, but neither am I an early adopter. I want to see early numbers and how those who were early adopters fared.

I have to many medical issues already without adding unproven vaccines to the mix.

2 Likes

Systemic Reactions to COVID-19 Vaccination

Among all vaccine recipients asked to complete diaries of their symptoms during the 7 days after vaccination, 77.4% reported at least one systemic reaction. The frequency of systemic adverse events was higher in the younger than the older age group (82.8% vs 70.6%). Within each age group, the frequency and severity of systemic adverse events was higher after dose 2 than dose 1. Vomiting and diarrhea were exceptions, and similar between vaccine and placebo groups and regardless of dose. For both age groups, fatigue, headache and new or worsened muscle pain were most common. The majority of systemic events were mild or moderate in severity, after both doses and in both age groups. Fever was more common after the second dose and in the younger group (15.8%) compared to the older group (10.9%). Overall, the median onset of systemic adverse events in the vaccine group in general was 1 to 2 days after either dose and lasted a median duration of 1 day. Four grade 4 fevers (>40.0°C) were reported, two in the vaccine group and two in the placebo group. No other systemic grade 4 reactions were reported. Data on systemic reactions were not solicited from persons aged 16-17 years. However, their reactions to vaccination are expected to be similar to those of young adults who were included. In addition, reactogenicity data from adolescents aged 12-15 years were obtained and reviewed, and were similar to those from adults aged 18-55 years.

1 Like

And I do not blame you one bit, it’s your right. But with my experiences with vaccines, I’m better off not even getting it. It may make a couple of my doctors mad, but, “my body, my choice”. It really makes certain people mad when you throw their own phrase back at them.

1 Like

Well, here we go, another government agency that i DON’T trust is the cdc. But that’s a story for a different time.

1 Like

Figures lie and liars figure. There is no cause - effect established here. That being said. I will delay being vaccinated as long as possible.

1 Like

Delay of 6 month is reasonable. I mean, what if current versions of vaccines are for naught, and the virus continues to spread, and a new and improved vaccine now has to be injected… and this repeats, until they finally will have figured the effective vaccine a few years down the line (which is what it normally takes, historically, to develop a good vaccine).

1 Like

My mother is in a high risk category. In fact, she never should have lived into adulthood, never should have been a parent etc. The human body is an amazing thing. That said, her doctor has said that if she gets covid, it would kill her due to her heart and lung issues. I am also aware of the reactions to the vaccine. So, when my mom called to ask if she should get the vaccine when a notice came out that her senior center was getting it and that everyone would/could get it. I simply told her to call her doctor, well, for her, not her GP, but her “big” doctor at the U of Michigan Cardiac center and talk to him about it. Ask if she should get it (I would say yes) as well as if she should, which should she get (there are at least 3) and that due to her health, should she make the trip to U of M and have them administer it, and potentially have her monitored (maybe admitted overnight) to monitor her body’s reaction.

Point is, it is up to each of us to educate ourselves to the risks that we face. We each have our own health issues (to varying degrees) and our bodies all react differently. We are also on different medications, and really, this vaccine is no different than that. If one is going to get the vaccine, educate yourself as to how you expect to react and recover from it, and discuss with your doctor just as you would if you were put on a new prescription to vet any potential drug interactions. We ultimately are responsible for our own health and being as educated as possible. Do not let fear guide your decisions.

2 Likes

Well, this is hardly firearms related, but I’m just going along with the thread, so here goes.

Disclaimer: I am a software engineer who has worked for many years in cardiology, radiology, and medical device instrumentation. I am not a virologist or anything like that. The statements below are only my personal concerns.

My concern is this. The COVID vaccine is an mRNA vaccine…

What is mRNA? How Pfizer and Moderna tapped new tech to make coronavirus vaccines

It seems to me that mRNA vaccines, as in the COVID vaccines, are not true vaccines. The messenger RNA (mRNA) is part of the processes known as “transcription and translation”. And it looks like what Moderna and Pfizer have developed is a synthesized strand of mRNA. This will sort of take control of the normal replication process. Your previously normal cells will then produce a fragment of the actual virus. This fragment is called the “spike protein” and will look like the COVID-19 virus and more or less produce the desired immune response.

Per Wikipedia…

An RNA vaccine or mRNA (messenger RNA) vaccine is a new type of vaccine that transfects molecules of synthetic RNA into human cells. Once inside the cells, the RNA functions as mRNA, reprogramming the cells to make the foreign protein that would normally be produced by the pathogen (e.g. a virus)… These protein molecules then stimulate an adaptive immune response that teaches the body to destroy any pathogen… The mRNA molecule is coated with a drug delivery vehicle, usually PEGylatedlipid nanoparticles,[2] to protect the fragile mRNA strands, and aid their absorption into the human cells. Little is known about the medium and longer-term side effects.

mRNA vaccine - Wikipedia

The issue I have is that this technique is completely new. If you examine the Wikipedia “View History” link at the top of the page, then scroll down and click Oldest, you’ll see that this article was first created on 17 February 2020…

RNA vaccine: Revision history - Wikipedia

And you will also note that as recently as January 2020, this technology was not even deemed experimental yet. It was deemed theoretical! What does that imply for the possibility of long term side effects?

In spite of the experimental/theoretical history of this technique as stated on Wikipedia (not that they are a bastion of truth), the CDC calls this “spike protein” harmless. What to believe??

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

2 Likes

I got the first dose of the Moderna vaccine a little over a week ago. The only side affect I experienced was my arm was pretty sore for about a day afterwards. But, that’s pretty common with intramuscular vaccinations. I’ll let everyone know if I start growing a third eye in my belly, or start growing any aliens. :rofl:

2 Likes